DMX Owes $1.5 Million in Back Taxes
Troubled rapper DMX backed out of an upcoming celebrity boxing match recently, but he may want to rethink that because he could probably use the extra cash. X owes $1.5 million to the IRS.
According to public records obtained by The Detroit News, the 38-year-old rapper owes the IRS and the State of New York for unpaid taxes dating back to 2002.
Here’s the rundown, according to the site:
- The IRS filed a $442,869 lien against DMX and his wife on Jan. 2 in the New York City Register’s office.
- The IRS filed a $663,554 lien against DMX on Sept. 10, 2007, in the Maricopa County (Ariz.) Recorder’s office. According to the lien, he owes income taxes from 2002, 2003 and 2005.
- The state of New York filed an $8,343 tax warrant against the couple on Feb. 15, 2007, in the New York County Clerk’s office.
- The New York State Tax Commission filed a $44,357 tax warrant against the couple on March 6, 2006, in New York.
- The IRS filed a $370,460 lien against the couple on Sept. 20, 2005, in New York.