J. Lo Ex May Release Footage Despite Court Orders
In the tale of Jennifer Lopez’s intimate home videos, she may have won the battle but her ex-husband and his team is fighting to win the war.
Earlier this month, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge granted J. Lo a temporary restraining order to stop the release of private home videos from 1997 that Lopez’ ex, Ojani Noa, was planning to release.
The movie, How I Married Jennifer Lopez: The J. Lo and Ojani Noa Story, featured Lopez in “sexual situations,” her attorney claimed in court documents. Lopez, who reportedly got a confidentiality agreement with Noa years ago, sued for breach of contract, where she sought $10 million in damages. In court documents, Lopez says she’s suffered “shame, mortification, hurt feelings, embarrassment, (and) humiliation.”
Now the film’s executive producer, Ed Meyer, is threatening to put photographs and 11 hours of footage into court files accessible by the public, the New York Daily News reports.
“It’s time for someone in Hollywood to stand up to [Lopez’s attorneys], and I’m that person,” Meyer said. “If the judge finds me in contempt on Tuesday, then the world media will be there to see me led out of the courtroom in handcuffs.”
Noa originally threatened to release a tell-all book, accusing Lopez of cheating on him with her current husband Marc Anthony, in 2007 but a judge killed his plans due to the confidentiality agreement. –Linda Hobbs
Photo Credit: Getty Images