Lil Jon, Star Jones, Other ‘Celeb Apprentice’ Newbies Owe IRS Big Time
Ironically, several people in the cast of the forthcoming Celebrity Apprentice owe the IRS mega bucks! Then again, maybe that’s why they agreed to do the show. The Detroit News released a detailed list of who owes and how much. It’s out of control as in, they all at least owe whole yearly salaries on up. See below.
· Rapper Lil’ Jon: The IRS filed a $638,937 lien against Lil’ Jon on June 24, 2008, with the Charleston County (S.C.) Recorder. The address on the lien is his $1.9 million oceanfront home in Isle of Palms. Well, it used to be his. It was foreclosed and sold in August.
· Gary Busey: The Buddy Holly Story star owes $645,382 in delinquent state and federal taxes, according to liens filed between 2000 and 2005 in Los Angeles.
· LaToya Jackson: The IRS filed a $28,252 lien against her Aug. 26, 2005, with the Clark County (Nevada) Recorder.
· The View former co-host Star Jones: The IRS filed a $356,991 tax lien against her on May 11, 2006. The lien was released April 25, 2007.
· Dionne Warwick: The pseudo-psychic singer owed $2.2 million to the state of California. But the debt no longer appears on the state’s list of biggest deadbeats.
· Survivor winner Richard Hatch: The IRS filed a $1,742,711 tax lien against Hatch last April. And he spent 51 months in the slammer for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million Survivor prize and other earnings.
· Jose Canseco: Since 2008, the state of California and IRS claim Canseco owes more than $320,000 in delinquent taxes, according to public records. [Detroit News]