How to Pull Off Polka Dots
Polka Dots have returned as one of the hottest trends this season. The fun, stylish pattern is perfect for the summer and can instantly break up a mundane wardrobe and bring it to life!
Here are five tips for incorporating polka dots in your wardrobe:
- If you work in an office setting and have to keep a more traditional appearance, choose classic colors like black, white and navy.
- Want an edgier look? Try the trend in abstract colors such as pink or purple. Even go so far as adding another texture to play it up.
- Smaller dots are perfect for dressier styles, but be sure to mix it up and wear two different size dots to avoid becoming overwhelming.
- If polka dots remind you too much of your childhood, pair it with a blazer to give the youthful trend a more mature look.
- Don’t be afraid to add solid color accessories like a black belt. It breaks up the busy pattern and bonus: the eyes are now drawn to your tiny waist.
How would you rock the polka dot trend? Subtle details or dots all the way?
- Krystal Franklin