Amy Winehouse’s Family Claims The Singer’s Sudden Death Was Not Drug-Related
A rep for the Winehouse family released a statement earlier today denying that the late singer died due to a drug overdose.
“Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy’s system at the time of her death.”
The statement continues, “Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death.”
“The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October.”
Props → TMZ