Dr. Conrad Murray’s Michael Jackson Manslaughter Trial Streaming Live
TMZ is currently in the L.A. criminal courthouse livestreaming opening statements in Dr. Conrad Murray’s manslaughter trial in the death of Michael Jackson. Watch it all unfold above.
Here are the opening notes so far:
* Michael Jackson trusted his life to the medical skills of Dr. Murray and it was “misplaced trust”* The cause of death was an overdose of Propofol, administered by Dr. Murray* We will prove Conrad Murray repeatedly acted with gross negligence and incompetence* Walgren explained that Murray would obtain $150,000 a month, not the $5 million Murray demanded for the duration of the “This is It” tour.* Murray made arrangements with a pharmacy to purchase very large quantities of Propofol on a regular basis* Murray lied to the pharmacist by saying he had a clinic in Santa Monica when he did not* On May 10, 2009, Murray made a voice recording on his iPhone … the recording documents MJ highly under the influence of “unknown agents” with Murray sitting there. It shows Murray kne* In the weeks before MJ died, he was cold, shivering, rambling but Murray kept giving him Propofol, and Kenny Ortega will testify MJ was clearly not well
* A meeting was held at Michael’s house on May 20, 2009, MJ died, with Kenny Ortega, Murray, MJ and others. Murray scolded Ortega for expressing concerns about his health, saying he was the doctor, adding, Michael is physically and emotionally fine. I am the doctor.”
* On the day MJ died, at 1 AM, MJ came hone from rehearsal and Murray spent the night at the house — as he did every night for the prior 2 1/2 months — for the purpose of putting him to sleep with Propofol.
* Walgren acknowledged what TMZ has been reporting almost from the beginning … that Michael died in his bed — that he was clinically dead when paramedics arrived.
* Murray was texting and making phone calls while he sat by MJ. He made 8 phone calls, the last at 11:51 to a girlfriend, and that’s when Murray realized there was an emergency.