Try It! Tropical Makeup in February
The colder months can be rough on anyone. Shorter days and hardly any sun can leave your complexion sallow and dull. You may not be able to escape to a tropical getaway when the winter weather gets too harsh, however, you can at least fake it with your makeup. Rather than destroying your skin in the tanning booth, brave the cold and get an artificial tropical glow with just a few products and a few steps. -Alana Wright
After having applied moisturizer and foundation primer for your skin type:
1. Buff NARS Sheer Glow Foundation with M.A.C. #109 brush starting in the center of the face.
2. Add concealer in areas that need additional coverage.
3. Dust a small amount of Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder with a large powder brush ONLY in the T-zone areas of the face.
4. Sweep CoverGirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer onto the temples, hairline and hollows of the cheeks using M.A.C. #168 Angled Blush Brush.
5. To intensify our fake bake look, apply M.A.C. Format Blush on the apples of the cheeks in an upward motion. Be sure to blend, blend, blend.
6. Use a wedge sponge to dab a small amount of M.A.C. Sun Rebel Lustre Drops on the higher planes of the cheek bones, the nose bridge, eyelids and cupid’s bow.
7. Finish lashes with DiorShow Black Out Mascara.
8. Fill in lips with NARS Mexican Rose Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil.