Get The Look: Melanie Fiona’s Grammy Awards Hair in 7 Steps
Canadian musician Melanie Fiona hit the red carpet at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards in a sleek chignon. We caught up with celebrity Hair Stylist Cesar Ramirez who was the brainchild in getting the two-time Grammy Award winner’s vintage do, and he claims he wanted a look that was badass and sophisticated at the same time.
“Melanie combines old school glamour and modern edge so flawlessly, and I wanted her look to do the same,” said Ramirez. “She wore a bold pantsuit, so her hair had to be more classic to add nuance, to showcase that aesthetic very specific to her.”
Get The Look:
1. Wash hair and deep condition with a masque.
2. Blow out hair very straight with a shine blow serum.
3. Create a deep side part, and tightly smooth each side to create a strong sleek shape.
4. Tie the sides under to create a base.
5. Pull the top section over and back with slight volume, then roll under at the neck line.
6. Use a bar clip to hold and add a little something to the overall look.
7. To finish, brush on a super hi gloss gelée and spray with a lacquer.