The Girls’ Guide to Memorial Day Grilling
Memorial Day weekend kicks off the season for picnics and barbeques. If you’ve opted to host festivities in your backyard this weekend by firing up the grill and creating delicious meals use our quick and easy guide to get you through the tough decisions. But bare in mind manning the grill is a science, so don’t fret if you don’t get it right the first time.
What You’ll Need:
- Skewers- This is great for when grilling your vegetables and meat.
- Tongs- Make sure you have two (one for raw meat and another for cooked meats).
- Charcoal- This really depends on the type of fire you’re using (more on that later).
Meats- Chicken, hot dogs, burgers, steak, turkey, you get the point.
Seafood- fish, scallops and shrimp taste great when on the grill when marinated in herbs.
- Vegetables- Asparagus, corn, zucchini, squash are all great healthy grilling options. Mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and peppers are also great for kabobs.
- A Timer- Timers are great for setting the minutes the food will need before turning.
- Foil- You’ll need this to lock in flavor.