The Girls’ Guide to Memorial Day Grilling
Getting the Party Started
Use these steps to start your fire.
- Open air vents.
- Add about 40 charcoal briquettes at bottom.
- Add crumbled newspaper under the pile of briquettes.
- Light with long match.
- When the briquettes are covered in ash (about 30 minutes) place them in a row.
- Open the lid. Check that all burner control knobs are turned off and that your LP tank is not empty.
- Turn the LP Gas tank on.
- Light the grill according to the instructions provided when purchased.
- Close the lid and preheat all burners on high until the thermometer reaches the maximum heat.