Bruce Willis & Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson To Return To ‘G.I. Joe 3′
More tidbits from last weekend’s San Diego Comic-Con are spilling out, as director Jon Chu confirms The Rock and Bruce Willis for G.I. Joe 3.
The filmmaker admitted to Collider quite a bit of information regarding the Joe’s next adventure. After indicating that both the former WWE heavyweight champion and the Red 2 star are ready and willing to come back, the next move is to acquire writers, according to Chu.
Below are just a few highlights with the video afterwards:
- :09 Talks about all the people waiting to get his autograph.
- :35 The fan reaction when he signed on to direct G.I. Joe: Retaliation and earning their respect.
- 1:07 What he learned from making Retaliation and why that excites him for G.I. Joe 3.
- 1:41 Release date for G.I. Joe 3. It hasn’t been announced yet, but he says Dwayne and Bruce only have a certain amount of time in their schedules—confirming that both will be back. “Do we need to get going? It would be really awesome to get going now.”
- 2:11 Says they’ve discussed a variety of dates, but whether it’ll be in summer or not is up to the studio.
- 2:30 Will they be shooting in 3D and/or IMAX? Says everything’s on the table, but having both shot 3D and post-converted, there are some benefits to post-converting.
- 3:13 What did he learn from the fan reaction to the first film? Says he learned that they’re okay with stretching things a little further, noting that they can “double down on the adventure part of this movie.” He cautions that they won’t go sci-fi, but they can “push the boundaries of the world a bit more.”
In addition to the highlights above, Chu talked a lot about what’s on the G.I. Joe: Retaliation Blu-ray DVD, the legacy of the Hasbro property, and how they can incorporate some of those things in the third film. Our personal highlight moment came when Chu talked about his own personal nerdy collections, how he wants to hear from fans, and the latest about Masters of the Universe.
Watch the video and leave your thoughts at the bottom: