20 Questions About The 2013 MTV Video Music Awards
It was a night of epic wins and fails at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (Aug. 25). Everyone was talking and tweeting, whether it was Miley Cyrus’ twerking gone wrong or the N’SYNC reunion. From blank stares to rave performances, here are 20 burning questions you probably asked yourself while posting up on Twitter.
1. Is the ageless Pharrell a real-life vampire?
2. Can Rihanna and her BFF Melissa Forde do silent commentary for every awards show?
3. Did Robin Thicke borrow his performance outfit from Beetlejuice?
4. Where did Lil Kim’s suddenly voluminous backside come from?
5. After hearing her pre-show pipes, is it safe to call Ariana Grande the next big pop star?
6. Were you so ashamed after watching Miley Cyrus’ performance that you needed a shower?
7. Aren’t you happy that Kendrick Lamar and 2 Chainz saved the day?
8. Did Paula Patton have a “talk” with Robin Thicke after seeing Miley twerkin’ and humpin’ on her hubby?
9. Did MTV intentionally have Kanye perform “Blood On The Leaves” before the “Best Female Video” presentation, knowing Taylor Swift was going to win?
10. Why was N’Sync’s reunion a quickie?
11. Can MTV just make Kevin Hart an official host?
12. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis beat out Kendrick Lamar and Drake for “Best Hip-Hop Video?”
13. How did One Direction’s “Best Song Ever” win Song of the Summer over the ubiquitous “Blurred Lines”?!
14. Why was Jaden Smith so moved by Drake’s performance of “Hold On We’re Going Home?”
15. Was it us or did Drake’s vocals sound hoarse on “Hold On We’re Going Home?”
16. How awkward did Jason Collins feel after this A$AP Rocky interaction?
17. Who is Austin Mahone and doesn’t he bare a striking resemblance to that Canadian kid?
18. Would you go head-to-head in the ring with Katy Perry?
19. Why didn’t any of Brooklyn’s own perform at the VMAs?
20. Wasn’t Rihanna’s blank stare pretty much the summary of this year’s VMAs?