Time Capsule: 10 Things That Happened In Jay Z’s Birth Year
Ten things that happened the year Gloria Carter gave birth to a 10-pound, eight ounce Jay Z… who didn’t give her any pain
1) Along with Sean Corey Carter, the world also welcomed Jennifer Lopez, Roy Jones Jr., Bobby Brown, Terrence Howard, Nate Dogg and Devante Swing.
2) Big lights inspired the underdog New York Jets to defeat the Baltimore Colts 16-7 in Super Bowl III. Another home team, the Mets, won their first-ever World Series over the Baltimore Orioles.
3) Richard Nixon became the 37th President of the United States.
4) President Dwight D. Eisenhower died.
5) The average yearly income was $8,550 and the average monthly rent was $135.00. Gas cost $0.35 per gallon.
6) A Vietnam War draft lottery was held, the first since World War II.
7) The Boeing 747 Jet was introduced. See: “Boeing Jets, Global Express/out the country but the Blueberry still connect.”
8) The Beatles released Abbey Road, their last album recorded together.
9) The Brady Brunch and Sesame Street debuted on television.
10) Astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (allegedly?) walked on the moon for the first time during the historic Apollo 11 mission.