Vixen Verified: Chef Cheo’s Easy-to-Make Meals for Two
Tempura Avocado with Sweet Chili Sauce Dipping Sauce
For tempura batter:
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp. of Baking Soda, Powder and Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Cold Water
Canola Oil or Peanut Oil for deep frying
2 mid ripe, avocados, seeded and peeled
Dipping Sauce 1/2 cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. In another small bowl, whisk together eggs and cold water.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the eggs and water. The batter will be a little lumpy.
4. Fill the pan or pot with canola oil or peanut oil. Heat until the oil reaches 375 degrees.
5. Halves the avocados and cut the halves into thirds.
6. Lightly coat the cut avocados with flour, and then dip in the tempura batter with tongs.
7. Carefully remove the avocados from the batter to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
8. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain. Salt and pepper to taste.