Manny Pacquiao Agrees To Terms For Floyd Mayweather Fight

News

By: Iyana Robertson / January 14, 2015

An actual boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is looking more and more like a reality.

In the latest step forward, Pacquiao’s promoter, Top Rank (headed up by Bob Arum), has laid out the terms under which the fight will go down. In an attempt to spearhead the process for the prospective May 2 bout, the Filipino fighter has agreed to a number of stipulations. ESPN reports that Arum has been negotiating with CBS for a spot on their six-fight contract with Showtime.

SEE ALSO: Manny Pacquiao Wants To Make ‘Fistory’ With Floyd Mayweather In 2015

Pacquiao has agreed to take 40 percent of the fight’s revenue, leaving Mayweather with the remaining 60 percent. Also, clearing up an issue previously associated with the two making a deal, Pac Man has agreed to undergo drug testing by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. He has additionally agreed that he and Mayweather will be allowed to wear their own brand of 8-ounce gloves.

While Pacquiao is under contract for HBO and Mayweather is under contract for Showtime, the two networks are willing to do a joint pay-per-view event. Mayweather has yet to agree to the fight’s terms.