10 Biggie Lines Every Hip-Hop Head Should Know… According To Diddy
There are millions of Biggie fans, but none are quite as devout as Sean Combs. To kick off Puff’s guest editing stint with VIBE.com today, we asked the man closest to Big, to count off key lines every said hip-hop hotshot should know. Peep the essentials.
1. “Because the streets is a short stop/ Either you’re slingin’ crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot” – “Things Done Changed”
2. “I made the change from a common thief/ To up close and personal with Robin Leach” – “Juicy”
3. “I got techniques drippin out my butt cheeks/ sleep on my stomach so I don’t fuck up my sheets” – “Ready to Die”
4. “Laugh now cry later, I rhyme greater/ Than the average playa hater, and spectators/ Buy my CD twice, they see me in the streets, They be like, ‘Yo, he nice’/ But that’s on the low doe” – “Long Kiss Goodnight”
5. “I can hear the sweat trickling down your cheek, your heartbeat sound like sasquatch feet, thundering, shaking the concrete” – “Who Shot Ya”