If you stayed away from all of your social networks yesterday (May 10), you may have missed that Diddy finally gave his commencement address at Howard University. Also receiving his honorary Doctorate of Humanities degree, the super-mogul now goes by yet another name, Dr. Combs.
Complete with hashtags, personal anecdotes and Biggie lyrics, watch his full speech (above), and check out 10 of its best quotes below:
1. “I was all a dream, I used to read Word Up! Magazine, and then I went and enrolled into Howard University.”
2. “Throughout my life, I have rushed through some of my great moments. I promised myself if I ever reached this moment, I would take my time.”
3. “Do you know how powerful you are?”
4. “Don’t be afraid to close your eyes and dream, but then open your eyes and see.”
5. “Sometimes I made you proud, and sometimes I didn’t. But I made the decision to keep going, to keep trying, even if it meant that sometimes I would fail.”
6. "1. Never be afraid to make a decision. 2. Remember the power of You. 3. Can't stop, won't stop."
7. "The only way out of the darkness is to become your own light."
8. “I want you take the craziest dream you ever had, that dream that you’re too embarrassed to tell anyone about. And I want you to go after it.”
9. "Only this family could take one of its sons, that has already had three name changes, and give him a fourth: Dr. Combs."
10. “Nobody is going to take you to the front of the line — you need to push to the front of the line.”