Odd Future's Tyler, The Creator kicked up his feet during an interview with THE Larry King. Below are 10 things we gathered from the sit-down. Of course, Tyler is known to stir the pot (and fib about things), so take some of this with a grain of salt.
1. Tyler claims he hates rapping. According to Tyler, rapping has allowed people to generalize his artistry and create false preset notions of who he is. At this point, the California native finds rap to be "boring" and "not interesting.”
2. He no longer wants his name to be mentioned alongside other rappers but rather in unison with some of Hollywood's top directors like Wes Anderson and Quentin Tarantino. The Odd Future frontman is looking towards expanding his creative endeavors especially within the realm of film.
3. He was most definitely the annoying, class clown we all encountered at least once in high school. Growing up, Tyler claims to not have had many close friends in part due to being "the odd one out.”
4. His love for music began at the ripe age of 7. As a kid, Tyler would spend all his birthday money at Sam Goody opting out for toys and instead purchasing his favorite albums. Later, he went on to teach himself how to play the piano and the drums.
5. According to Tyler, growing up in a single parent home was by far one of the best things that could have ever happened to him. "I think, if I had a Dad I would have went the normal college route," Tyler said. "I'm so stoked my life panned out how it was."
6. Despite being a self-proclaimed Internet troll, he hates social media. Tyler claims "it's stupid" and is "making kids so stupid." So profound.
7. He loves freckles and absolutely adores Jennifer Lawrence. Hopefully, she was watching this interview and will follow Tyler's advice to "leave the n---a you with!"
8. Tyler has several spirit animals that include a squirrel, whale, goat and a dragon. You gotta give it up to this man for his variety and creativity.
9. If he was able to time travel, it would be to 1984 to watch Michael Jackson's hair catch on fire during the infamous filming of a Pepsi commercial. "I want to see that first hand,” Tyler said.
10. The best piece of advice he ever received, and offers up to others, was from Pharrell to "just be.”