Beyoncé Apartment Hunting Without Jay Z?


Adelle Platon / July 29, 2014

Tabloids continue to make their bread and butter off Beyoncé and Jay Z split rumors. The latest development: Bey scouring for an apartment without her husband.

According to the New York Post, the singer was scoping out a $21.5 million Chelsea penthouse early last month, meaning weeks after the elevator incident—where younger sis, Solange, attacked Jay Z at a Met Gala party—went down.

“She was very quiet, as if she was looking on the sly,” a source close to the couple said.

The Chelsea pad would be a downgrade for Bey in comparison to her current not-so-humble, 8,309-square-foot abode in Tribeca with Jay, which is said to be twice the size of the penthouse. Reports say that Mr. and Mrs. Carter will part after their On The Run tour wraps.

While music’s royalty have yet to confirm or deny the rumors, Bey recently shared flicks on Instagram of her and Hov toasting by a sunset.