DJ AM In Recent Interview: ‘Crack Is My Drug Of Choice’
While its come out that DJ AM (real name: Adam Goldstein) was getting over a break-up, his death has been ruled an accidental overdose (a crack pipe and prescription pills were found), and not a suicide like some sources had speculated.
In a recent interview with MTV, in support of an upcoming reality show about drug abuse, the late DJ detailed an episode where he bought a crack pipe, just to show how easy they were to obtain.
During the clip, he revealed that crack was his drug of choice. “I bought a crack pipe … that was my drug of choice. And I walked out and I’m holding it … and then I realized after I was holding it that my palms were sweaty and I was like, ‘Wait a minute, this is not smart for me to be holding this.'”
Crack was found by his lifeless body when authorities arrived onto the scene, dead from an apparent drug overdose.