‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Cause Of Death Confirmed
“Glee” star Cory Monteith was reportedly found dead in his hotel room in Vancouver Saturday (July 10) after overdosing on heroin and alcohol, a toxicology report confirms.
The 31-year-old actor had allegedly been battling substance abuse since he was 13. His co-stars and producers urged him to seek help before his recent rehab stint, according to TMZ.
“It wasn’t met with resistance,” said a source. “He was always so grateful and aware of how fortunate he was.”
Other members of the “Glee” cast have expressed their grief, including Naya Rivera who said he “always will be a part of my own family.” His on-and-off-screen girlfriend, Lea Michele, who also stars in the Fox high school drama, asked for privacy during this “devastating” time.
In the report, the British Columbia Coroners Service stated, “It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”–Nina Marrissa (@NinaMarrissa)
Photo Credit: Getty Images