Justin Bieber Sued Over Alleged Restaurant Assault

News

/ May 16, 2014

Justin Bieber isn’t ready for his close-up. The 20-year-old singer is reportedly being sued by paparazzo Manuel Munoz who claims that JB locked him in a Subway restaurant and was beat up by the Biebs’ bodyguard, Dwayne Patterson, according to TMZ.

The suit reportedly states that the alleged assault went down after the photog snapped a few pics of him leaving SET nightclub, just minutes before his January arrest in Miami.

Patterson then allegedly chased Munoz into the bathroom of a Subway, cornered him and them demanded the pap delete his pictures. The bodyguard allegedly tried removing the memory card from his camera before punching and kicking him. Munoz claims the camera was also damaged.

However, Munoz’s police report doesn’t match his claims. The report says that Munoz claims Patterson never attacked him, but chased him and made him fall, resulting in a “small scratch in his left knee.”

Meanwhile, Bieber’s lawyer Howard Weitzman says the entire suit isn’t substantial. “This new lawsuit filed by a paparazzo is yet another shakedown for money. The paparazzo admits that Justin was not present at the alleged ‘assault.’ The paparazzo told the police he had only scratched his knee when he was allegedly tripped, but now claims he was beat up. There are no damages.”

Bieber has had a particularly rough week in the spotlight. Earlier this week, he was caught cursing at a woman for trying to take his flick at a horse ranch and is under investigation for “attempted robbery” after allegedly grabbing for a woman’s cell from her purse after she, too, tried to take a photo of the Biebs.