Lil Wayne Makes Appearance After Hospital Scare

News

/ April 4, 2013

Lil Wayne seems to be doing a lot better.

He was spotted on Monday at Mansion nightclub in South Beach in one of his first appearances since his recent hospital scare.

Fellow YMCMB members by his side, Wayne partied it up into the wee hours of the morning, celebrating Rocko’s album release. A source told Huffington Post that Weezy “looked healthy and fresh-faced as he sipped on water.”

A few weeks back, Wayne was the talk of Twitter. Rumor quickly spread that he was in critical condition after a having a seizure. Last week he spoke on his health to the crew over at Power 106. Here’s what he had to say:

“The thing is, man, the bad news is, I’m an epileptic, so I’m prone to seizures,” he said. “This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures; y’all just never hear about it. This time it got real bad because I had three of ‘em in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to, like, 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died soon. That’s why it was so serious. The reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest and overworking myself. That’s typical me, though.”

But he seems to be getting back into the swing of things. With 217,000 first-week album sales for I am Not a Human Being II, his highly talked about performance in Nicki Minaj’s “High School” video and the America’s Most Wanted tour alongside T.I. and Future, Wayne refuses to let the health issues hold him back. —Shannon Powell