VIBE's Daily Additions to the 'Pod
1. Lil Wayne (feat. Big Sean) – "My Homies Still"
So no Young Money/G.O.O.D. Music beef after all, huh? These dudes need to get their definition of "beef" right. The track itself sounds like a b-side from Finally Famous, like "I Do It" mashed up with "Dance (A$$)"
2. Future (feat. Young Scooter) – "Trap House Wit No Doors"
The beat, the rap, even the mixtape cover—more of the same.
3. Nelly Furtado (feat. Nas) – "Something"
Interesting collaboration—especially for Nas. He makes himself fit into the song however, leaving an oddly good mixture of both artists styles.
4. Mac Miller – "Thugz Mansion"
Decent. No, Tupac he is not, but there's no need for comparisons here. The tribute was in the right frame of mind.
5. Trick Daddy – "Riot (Remix)"
The new song for everybody to remix. Trick Daddy adds noting to his version, but it is nice to hear from him in recent times.
6. Childish Gambino (feat. Schoolboy Q) – "Unnecessary"
All these dope releases Gambino's been putting out—where's the mixtape kid?!