Floyd Mayweather wasn't the only one taking jabs last night (May 3). The annual White House Correspondents' Dinner is our Commander-in-Chief’s chance to shoot back at the media, his opposing party, and to make comedic reference to his own shortcomings. President Obama took the podium, addressing things like Obamacare, Richard Sherman and the Donald Sterling debacle. Here are 10 of his funniest quotes.
1. “I usually start these dinners with a few self-deprecating jokes. But after my stellar 2013, what could I possibly talk about?”
2. Of course we rolled out healthcare.gov. That could’ve gone better. In 2008 my slogan was ‘Yes We Can.’ In 2013 my slogan was ‘Control, Alt, Delete.’”
Digs at the media:
3. “I am happy to be here, even though I’m a little jet-lagged from my trip to Malaysia. The lengths we have to go to, to get CNN coverage these days. I think they’re still searching for their table.”
4. “MSNBC is here. They’re a little overwhelmed. They’ve never seen an audience this big before.”
On Richard Sherman:
5. Sometimes I do feel disrespected by you reporters, but that’s okay. Seattle Seahawk cornerback Richard Sherman is here tonight, and he gave me some great tips on how to handle it: Jake Tapper, don’t you EVER talk about me like that! I’m the best President in the game!”
On the Boston Marathon:
6. Just last month, and American won the Boston Marathon for the first time in 30 years. Which was inspiring. And only fair since a Kenyan has been President for the last six. Had to even things out.”
On racist Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy:
7. “As a general rule, things don’t end well if the sentence starts ‘Let me tell you something I know about the Negro.’ You don’t really need to hear the rest of it. Just a tip for you: don’t start your sentence that way.”
On John Boehner:
8. "These days, House Republicans are giving [Speaker John Boehner] a harder time than they give me - which means orange really is the new black."
On unemployment benefits extension:
9. “If you wanna get paid for not working, you should have to run for Congress like everybody else.”
On Donald Sterling:
10. “How well does Obamacare have to work before you don’t wanna repeal it? What if everybody’s cholesterol drops to 120? What if your yearly checkup came with tickets to a Clippers game? not the old Donald Sterling Clippers, the new Oprah Clippers.”
Watch the President's full Correspondent's dinner in the video above.