Sander van Doorn is closing out 2013 with a sonic boom at Pier 36 in NYC. Along fellow superstar DJs Cedric Gervais, R3hab, Showtek and Tommy Trash, the Doorn label head is no stranger to working with top tier talents. But how does he find the hits? With the success of Doorn Records we asked Sander for his A&R tips. Here's what he had to say:
1. It needs more than one hook in the overall production.
2. It needs to be original and innovative, not a copy of a current hit.
3. Use new and fresh sounds.
4. The mixing and mastering are very important, the record needs to sound loud and clean.
5. It needs to be promoted and handled right, by the right company. Without the right timing, planning, promotion and the right social push, you will have a hard time breaking your records.