With San Diego Comic Con soon approaching, a lot of people might be upset that they'll be missing out on the Video Games Live concert. But don't worry, folks, this week Twitch got you covered hardcore.
The 20-song free concert, presented by Amazon Video Games and sponsored by Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, will feature orchestral renditions of some of your favorite game music. Live streamed on Twitch (http://twitch.tv) this coming Saturday night, the social streaming channel continually proves to be the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
Video Games Live will also offer a sneak peek (or listen, really) at music from Ubisoft's upcoming Assassin's Creed 4 and Bungie's Destiny.
Other set list representatives include Diablo 3, Street Fighter 2, Journey, Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus and more. It truly wouldn't be a life-altering, magnanimous occasion if there wasn't an orchestral rendition of Final Fantasy and Castlevania too.
The pre-show begins streaming at 9:00pm ET (6:00pm PT) on Saturday, July 20, and will feature interviews with composers such as Brian Tyler (Assassin's Creed IV), Eimear Noone (Diablo III) and other talented musicians. Former Metal Gear Solid voice actor, David Hayter, will also make an appearance, so be sure to log on and tune in! Twitch viewers will also be able to pose questions to guests using the following hashtag: #playtheclassics.
The concert will properly begin streaming across the Internets at 11:00pm ET (8:00pm PT).
Below, you can see the Video Games Live full schedule:
· 6:00pm: Gerard Marino, Composer God of War [guest musician]
· 6:10pm: Tim Larkin, Composer Dota 2 (Valve) [guest conductor]
· 6:20pm: Austin Wintory, Grammy nominated composer of Journey [guest conductor]
· 6:30pm: Emmanuel Fratianni, Video game/film/TV composer & principle conductor of Video Games Live
· 6:40pm: Jillian Aversa: Vocalist (Halo, God of War, Civilization, Soul Calibur) [vocal soloist]
· 6:50pm: Clint Bajakian & Peter McConnell, original LucasArts composers [guest musicians]
· 7:00pm: Eimear Noone, Conductor of Diablo III and Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses [guest conductor]
· 7:10pm: Russell Brower, Audio Director, Composer - Blizzard Entertainment [guest conductor]
· 7:20pm: Brian Tyler: Film composer & composer of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag [guest conductor]
· 7:30pm: Marty O'Donnell & Mike Salvatori, Halo & Destiny [guest conductors]
· 7:40pm: David Hayter, voice of the original Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 - 4
· 7:50pm: Costume Contest
· 8:00pm - 9:00pm: Video Games Live - Act I
· 9:00pm - 9:15: Tommy Tallarico, Video game composer & Creator/Producer/Host of Video Games Live
· 9:20pm - 10:30pm: Video Games Live - Act II