Why Is Liam Neeson Making A Deal For ‘Taken 3’?

Movies & TV

/ June 25, 2013

Last year in September, actor Liam Neeson was dismissing the possibility of a third Taken film. It seems like $20 million dollars is enough to change his mind, as reports of closed deal are leaking onto the web.

“I don’t think it’s going to happen. I really don’t,” Neeson told Empire Magazine in 2012. “I can’t see a possible scenario where audiences wouldn’t go, ‘Oh, come on…! She’s taken again?'” Well, it seems that the actor is ready to kick butt once again, as Deadline says Neeson is close to signing a deal for a threequel.

$20 million bucks is the tune to which Liam Neeson is said to be pocketing to reprise the role of retired CIA agent Bryan Mills. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen, who co-wrote the first two films, have already begun penning the next script. No director is attached, but 20th Century Fox and Besson’s EuropaCorp are eying a February 2014 production start for the film.

The first two Taken films grossed a combined total of more than $600 million worldwide, making an unlikely action star out of Neeson, who was already in his mid-50s when the franchise began.

With details still shrouded in mystery, will there be a whole new threat? Will Neeson’s character have to return to stop a threat from impacting America and the CIA? Will Famke Janssen and Maggie Grace hop aboard for one more go-around? Too many questions, we’ll keep you up-to-date with the answers!

Props: Deadline