Kanye West was universally welcomed back to hip-hop when he dropped his post stage-crash renaissance record, "Power." It was soulful, cocksure [II], declarative. The Kanye we all knew and loved. He raised the stakes with his "moving art" music video, but does the remix—featuring a forward-thinking Hov and amped Swizz Beatz—keep his comeback trail rolling? VIBE checks the record for high and low notes.
- Jay-Z gives Taylor Swift the Lil Mama brush off
- The "Power Clap"
- Beat switch / Funky "I've Got The Power" sample
- Swizzy as Kanye's hypeman
- Everything after 3:17
- The rest of Jay's verse (zzzz...)
- Overdone chorus background vocals
- Kanye rhyming "As-Salāmu `Alaykum" with "Oscar Meyer bacon"
- Everything before 3:17