Contest RulesELIGIBILITY: The McDonald’s Big Mix (“Contest”) is open only to legal U.S. residents. The Contest is open only to individual artists who are not signed to a major record label. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of McDonald’s LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, and suppliers involved in the Contest, as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Winners of any previous McDonald’s Big Mix Contests are also not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Submission of an Entry (defined below) grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, modify, adapt, and publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without payment of further consideration to you. Entrants must fully complete and submit all required data in the entry form to be eligible; incomplete entries are null and void. All materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified; any use of automated methods of entry may result in disqualification.
• Entry cannot have been published previously by any party other than the Entrant;
• Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including third party images or samples);
• Entry cannot include the name, likeness, photograph, video or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead;
• Entry cannot promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Entry cannot describe or depict any illegal activity or violation of any state or federal law.
• Entry must be an original work (two original beats);
• Provide a remix of pre-existing Big KRIT track within a designated time period if selected to be considered for semi-finalist round
• Provide high resolution photo with a brief biography (no more than 300 words)
Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with any of the Entry Restrictions or Entry Requirements and/or to waive the Entry Restrictions or Entry Requirements set forth herein on a case by case basis in its reasonable discretion.
REVIEW OF ENTRIES: Judging period approximately April 10 – May 15th. Dates subject to change.
Phase 1: Big KRIT to review each of the 10 producer’s self-produced submissions and determine 5 semi-finalists
Phase 2: 5 chosen producers to remix a Big KRIT track
Phase 3: Big KRIT to choose 2 finalists from their remixed tracks according to Big KRIT’s own judging criteria
Phase 4: Big KRIT to pick a winner based on their second self-produced track given at time of entry
TRAVEL ACCOMODATIONS AND STUDIO TIME APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): $10,000
Grand Prize: The Big Mix Artist Package: Studio time to record an original track produced by Big KRIT (up to three (3) hours studio time) using one of the winner’s original instrumental track in a professional recording studio in New York, Los Angeles or Atlanta.
Prizes that include airfare includes round-trip coach class air transportation from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence to the event local listed above for winner and one (1) adult guest, standard hotel accommodations (one room/double occupancy), roundtrip ground transportation to/from airport/hotel and hotel/event and $3000 travel stipend. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. The actual value of the trip may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be provided for any difference in prize value. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Winner is are responsible for having valid travel documents including government identification and/or passports. Winner is responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals, and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in this prize. Travel must be booked at least 7 days in advance. Sponsor is not responsible if event is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation of the event, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to Winner and/or his/her guest(s) if either winner or his/her guest(s) violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event.
1. WINNER VERIFICATION: Potential Semi-Finalists are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Semi-Finalists will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within three (3) days of attempted notification or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents will result in forfeiture of Semi-Finalist status. Potential Semi-Finalists, Finalists and Grand Prize winner may be subject to a background check; if a potential Semi-Finalists, Finalists or Grand Prize winner has been convicted of a felony or any other crime that would reflect negatively on the Sponsor, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. If for any prize a winner cannot be confirmed by seven (7) days before the event date then the prize will not be awarded.
2. PRIZE TERMS: Prizes are not transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of each prize. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Federal, state, and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance of and use of prize not specified herein are the responsibility of winner. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each winner whose prize is valued at $600 or more. Approximate retail values are as of the time the rules were printed and the value of a prize may fluctuate. A winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded.
3. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is also not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone service, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may affect the ability of consumers to participate, or for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation in this Contest. All online entries must include a valid email address. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Participants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register/enter multiple times. Any Participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/enter multiple times will be disqualified at Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a winning entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry (i.e. the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address). Potential winners may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. You may only be a legal resident of one state at a time for purposes of entering all Contest sponsored by McDonald’s LLC. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the promotion of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of prize winners. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is severely undermined by any event beyond the control of Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without any further obligation. If Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to alter this Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted on www.Vibe.com/thebigmix. By participating in this Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements; (ii) to release and hold Sponsor, its representatives, directors, officers, agents, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liability (“Claims”) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest, including Claims brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Released Parties arising out of the posting or use of the Entry by Sponsor, including but not limited to Claims for infringement of a party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation, or from the receipt or use of any prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize; and (iii) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Winners, by acceptance of a prize, grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to use winner's name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information in perpetuity for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, without further compensation, or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. Further, in such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive; incidental; or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participants actual out of pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.