6. “48” stands as one of the most brutally honest hip-hop tracks about the spoils and horrors of drug dealing, and its destructive affects on our community. Oh yeah, some guy named Nas drops some serious, conversational, sobering street corner knowledge.
7. Tyler now seems to be at a crossroads in terms of his turbulent relationship with the gay community. At times it’s clear that he has evolved some given his open support for OF’s bisexual, Grammy-winning, genre-turning R&B vocalist Frank Ocean. On the other hand, he’s still slinging around the F-word like a pubescent bully. Baby steps, folks.
8. Wolf sounds like a dreamy, odd shaped take on the Neptunes blinged-out, early ’00’s heyday. Indeed, a crooning Pharrell is featured on the aforementioned current single “IFHY.” Skateboard P and crew’s influence on Tyler’s surprisingly fluid production (The Cali spitter is a self-described NERD fan) is easily the most surprising and much welcomed element on this unpredictable work.
9. Earl Sweatshirt just needs to hurry the hell up with that debut album. Like, right now.
10. Second best Tyler rhyme—“Jamba”: “I'm animals, Noah's Arking, often just rapping nonsense/Four stories in my home like ‘What the fuck's an apartment?’/Get shit popping like Peter's pores during puberty/And takebets on how quick Tyler can reach maturity/Cussing out Siri like a waitress with no patience/
Oh, you want a tip bitch, well here's my dick for gratuity…”