1. The first song “Nothing Is Stopping You” picks up right where Finally Famous left off, retracing Sean’s storied freestyle for Kanye and steps to stardom. He’ll never forget his roots.
2. Lyrically, Sean has stepped up his game up tremendously on this project. He effortlessly mixes introspect with clever wordplay on songs like “Sierra Leone/Greedy Ho’s” and “All Figured Out.”
3. Sean has the right balance of subject matter on Hall Of Fame. Of course he takes us to the club on tracks like “Mona Lisa,” but the Detroit player’s take on heavy topics like terminal illness may surprise fans (more on that later).
4. Chiddy Bang producer Xaphoon Jones will be a producer to watch as soon as folks hear “Toyota Music.” The Casio synths and dubstep bridges are bonkers.
5. Kid Cudi plays anchor on “First Chain” alongside Nas and Big Sean and absolutely steals the show. Unbelievable.