11. A highlight of the party was when Drake dragged Future out to ramp things up with “Tony Montana” and “Same Damn Time.” If you think these bangers sound good in the club, the wattage goes through the roof when they’re performed live in a jam-packed hockey rink.
12. Holding court at the home of the Toronto Raptors, the NBA club’s official ambassador winked at big things for his moonlighting gig: “I don’t know if you heard, but the Raptors are my team now. There’s gonna be some changes in here, I promise you.” Drake’s pal LeBron James can opt out of Miami Heat deal in 2014.
13. Drake uses “Connect” as an opportunity to shout out very specific locations of his city. He even shouts out exits on Toronto’s main east-west thoroughfare, Highway 401. You were stoked if you turn off on Morningside or Hurontario.
14. The addition of Jhene Aiko is a pleasant surprise. She kills her part on “From Time.”
15. Drake rode a larger-than-life circular, illuminated catwalk that raised Cirque du Soliel-style high above the floor crowd for the show’s climax and indulged in a prolonged personal shoutout session to the “305 to My City” instrumental. It’s a tactic he saw Jay Z use while touring Blueprint III, but Drake drags it on to a length (15 or 20 minutes) that crosses endearing and starts to get ridiculous. Forget this “left side’s better than the right side” stuff. He goes from acknowledging Section307 to pointing at fans’ specific outfits: “You in the Wu-Tang shirt—I see you!... Look at this girl with the best body in here, keeping her calories low. Make some noise for Low Calories!... My teacher’s here. Kim Jansen in the house!”