11. Not sure there was another level to hit after Kanye and Drake showed mutual love, but a shirtless Lil Wayne tried to find it, bouncing through Drake duets “HYFR” and “The Motto,” dreads waving and pants sagging.
12. Drake proclaimed he’d sign his loyalty to Tunechi in blood, deading yet another beef rumor.
13. Wayne might have more energy, Kanye more stage presence, and Miguel a stronger voice, but no one is a better MC—in the master of ceremonies sense—than Drake, who wrapped the 175-minute celebration with “Started from the Bottom.”
14. All in all, James Blake and Wale were on the bill, but the 16,000 in attendance left seeing performances by Big Sean, French Montana, J. Cole, Kanye West, Miguel, A$AP Rocky, Puff Daddy, Ma$e, TLC, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne all performed. PARTYNEXTDOOR and 2 Chainz were in attendance, but couldn’t perform for undisclosed reasons.
15. Whether you paid $66.50 or $172.75, OVO Fest’s fourth year was definitely worth the price of admission. --Luke Fox
Photo credit: Karla Moy