6. “Sunday” again: The more the aforementioned Frank Ocean raps the easier it is to envision the R&B rebel totally switching lanes to spitting bars in the booth. If you want to hear the singer’s impressive take on his January fight with Chris Brown, it’s all here.
7. Doris’ lyrical blackout moment comes on the demented, diabolical second single “Whoa.” Tyler handles chorus duties as Earl drops this unmitigated verbal thrashing: “Yeah, the misadventures of a shit-talker/Pissed as Rick Ross' fifth sip off his sixth lager/Known to sit and wash the sins off at the pitch alter/Hat never backwards like the print off legit manga/Get it?/Like a blue pill, make ya stick longer/Or a swift fist off your chin from his wrist launcher…” Well, damn.
8. And, yes, Tyler, the Creator is still a sick bastard. Check his verse on the gloriously obscene “Sasquatch.” “Got some One Direction tickets/I should hit that up/Drive by with puppy signs plastered on the truck/Then see how many of they fans could fit inside the trunk.” Tyler loves the kids.
9. Best Song #2: The Christian Rich-produced “Knight” is dusty soul on mushrooms. Domo once again comes out the gate swinging (“Doms hotter than the drop of Harry Potter shit…”) while Earl makes it known he’s not playing around (“Bars going hard as the ashtray where I place guts…”).
10. And the coolest production name of 2013 goes to…Randomblackdude. Earl’s amusing beat-making alias should otherwise be taken seriously. His sound is at times bottom heavy, swinging, moody, and downright strange. But it’s always interesting.