10. "Tacky" (2014, Pharrell Williams' "Happy")
The newest entry on this list manages to keep all the warmth, optimism, and joy of Pharrell's original feel-good anthem while injecting plenty of savvy one-liners. If by chance you possess a YOLO license plate, this track is for you.
9. "I Love Rocky Road" (1983, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' "I Love Rock 'n' Roll")
The title speaks for itself. Ice cream rules!
8. "I Lost on Jeopardy" (1983, The Greg Kihn Band's "Jeopardy")
You don't have to be Jeopardy champ Julia Collins to get the jokes on this ditty about the only game show that makes you feel like a dumb ass. Here Al details the horrors of blanking out on national TV. "I took Potpourri for one hundred/And then my head started to spin," he deadpans. From there, our lovable loser gets the middle finger from legendary announcer Don Pardo, who mockingly tells Weird Al that he brought shame and disgrace to his family. Nice.
7. "Like A Surgeon" (1985, Madonna's "Like a Virgin")
The legend goes that Madonna joked to a friend just how long it would take Weird Al to parody her breakthrough single "Like A Virgin" and re-title it "Like a Surgeon." Word got back to Mr. Yankovic who promptly took up the challenge from the Material Girl. The results? Full blown hilarity.
6. "Another One Rides The Bus" (1981, Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust")
Again, Weird Al shows off his underrated talent as an accordion virtuoso on this sparse track that became the funnyman's first foray into the mainstream. Freddie Mercury laughed.