Alfamega Breaks Silence On Daughter's Stabbing

Atlanta rapper Alfamega has confirmed that his son and daughter were involved in a violent altercation inside of T.I.'s Club Crucial in Atlanta.

Alfamega told AllHipHop.com that his daughter was involved in some sort of altercation inside of the club, which resulted in her being stabbed multiple times.

Alfamega’s son was also beaten and suffered from a broken jaw, when he tried to intervene on behalf of his sister.

"I had a talk with Tip’s uncle Derrick, who co-owns Club Crucial," Alfamega told AllHipHop.com in an exclusive interview. "I was like ‘my daughter got stabbed up there dog and my son got his jaw fractured. He ‘was like huh? I didn’t know that.’ They didn’t know, they people they got into it with didn’t know they were my children. I was told that my children wasn’t in the wrong. The girls and the dudes attacked her and stabbed her and basically my son jumped in cause they were attacking his sister and somebody hit him from the blindside.”

His daughter suffered from three stab wounds in addition to one collapsed lung. 

She was released from the hospital and is currently recuperating from her injuries, as is the rapper’s son who also suffered multiple contusions, in addition to the broken jaw.

At press time it is not known if anyone has been charged in the assault.

“He [Derrick] called the guys who supposed to run the little crew they got into it with and they didn’t know it was my children either," Alfamega told AllHipHop.com. "They were really shocked and remorseful. And I told they the only reason I am going to give them a pass is because they didn’t know. And I don’t want to take it there because I still got a little situation. I don’t want it to be deeper than what it is. I am glad that both of my children are still living.”

The incident occurred on Christmas Eve (December 24), just two days after T.I. was released from a low security prison facility in Arkansas, after serving less than a year for possession of machine guns and silencers.

Alfamega had a falling out with T.I. and the Grand Hustle camp in 2009, after thesmokinggun.com revealed that Alfamega had served as an informant in a drug case.

The rapper was quick to point out that the incident had nothing to do with his feud with T.I.

Alfamega stated that the perpetrators of the crime had no idea that the people that they assaulted were his daughter and son.

“I straight up told the dudes there wouldn’t be any street retaliation behind it, even though there might be others that don’t feel the same way I do that surround me," Alfamega told AllHipHop.com "And at the end of the day, it’s all about what I want to do. And I don’t want no street retaliation of violence. It’s a new year. And all in a nutshell they didn’t know. I would look at it different if they knew they was my children. And I don’t wish that upon nobodies children.”

From the Web

More on Vibe

Leon Bennett/Getty Images for BET

Jeremih’s Mother Opens Up About His Battle With COVID-19

Three weeks into his battle with COVID-19, Jeremih has been removed from the ICU and transferred to a regular room at the Chicago medical center where he is receiving treatment. The 33-year-singer was at his mother, Gwenda Starling’s, home when he started feeling ill earlier in the month.

Within a couple of hours, he couldn't walk properly and decided to go to the hospital, where he has been since Nov. 5. “A couple hours later he was calling me saying, ‘Mom, I need to go to the hospital. All of a sudden he couldn’t walk,” Sterling told ABC Chicago. “He was barely walking. He was holding his stomach.”

Thankfully, Jeremih’s condition got worse from there. He was in critical condition and placed on a ventilator. Starling described the experience as a “tremendous nightmare.”

“The whole family was just so saddened and just shocked, first of all. After we gout out of that whole shock thing, it was like ‘OK, we’ve got to pray.’”

Jeremih’s condition has slowly improved over the last several days. His mother noted that she knew he was healing when he started asking her for real food. “I got so teary-eyed, but I get so joyful at the same time because he’s pulling through,” she said.

The family hopes that he will be home by Thanksgiving. “It may be a bit much to ask God, but I figure we’ve been asking for everything else.”

Watch the full interview below.

Continue Reading
Alex Edelman / AFP) (Photo by ALEX EDELMAN/AFP via Getty Images

‘Chappelle’s Show’ Removed From Netflix At Dave Chappelle’s Request

Chappelle’s Show is no longer streaming on Netflix, at the request of Dave Chappelle. The comedian reached out to the company to ask them to remove the series, for which he received no residuals, and they quickly complied.

On Tuesday (Nov. 24), Chappelle’s posted an Instagram video from a recent stand-up show, called Unforgiven, where he further explained his reasoning for not wanting the Viacom/CBS-owned show to stream on Netflix. “[ViacomCBS] didn’t have to pay me because I signed the contract,” he explained of the sketch comedy show. “But is that right? I found out that these people were streaming my work and they never had to ask me or they never have to tell me. Perfectly legal ‘cause I signed the contract. But is that right? I didn’t think so either.

“That’s why I like working for Netflix,” he continued. “I like working for Netflix because when all those bad things happened to me, that company didn’t even exist. And when I found out they were streaming Chappelle’s Show, I was furious. How could they not– how could they not know? So you know what I did? I called them and I told them that this makes me feel bad. And you want to know what they did? They agreed that they would take it off their platform just so I could feel better.”

Episodes of Chapelle's Show had been streaming on Netflix for about a month. While the showw has been wiped from the streaming outlet, episodes remain on Comedy Central, CBS All Access, and HBO Max.

Watch Chappelle’s full clip below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Dave Chappelle (@davechappelle)

Continue Reading
Marcus Ingram/Getty Images

‘Black Panther’ Sequel Will Reportedly Begin Filming In Atlanta Next Year

Filming on the highly anticipated sequel to Black Panther is set to begin next summer. Marvel Studios will start shooting the Ryan Coogler-directed sequel in July 2021, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

“The series are the priority, “ a source told THR of Marvel’s film strategy going into next year. “Ramping them up takes a lot of focus. The movie machinery is well established.”

The shoot will last at least six months. Princess Shuri, the character played by Letitia Wright, who plays King T’Challa's sister Princess Shuri, could take on an expanded role given the death of Chadwick Boseman.

Narcos: Mexico actor Tenoch Huerta will reportedly join the cast, while Lupita Nyong’o, Angela Bassett and Windsor Duke are also expected to return for the second installment of the Marvel film.

In September, Black Panther’s executive producer Victoria Alonso denied rumors that Boseman would appear in the film via CGI technology. “There's only one Chadwick, and he's not with us,” Alonso said. “Our king, unfortunately, has died in real life, not just in fiction, and we are taking a little time to see how we return to the story and what we do to honor this chapter of what has happened to us that was so unexpected, so painful, so terrible, in reality.”

Boseman, 43, passed away from colon cancer in August.

Continue Reading

Top Stories