broc broc

The Goods: Beyoncé Loves VIZIO

It’s official: Beyoncé owns your HDTV. After announcing that they’d be releasing a lineup of 3D televisions this summer at the Consumer Electronics Show last week, HDTV company VIZIO inked Mrs. Carter to a three-year endorsement deal this week that allows the company to use her name and likeness to promote the brand moving forward. No financial terms of the deal were announced but the partnership between VIZIO and Beyoncé will also reportedly allow Hov’s chick to have a say in the design and performance of some of VIZIO’s upcoming products. So if you already switched to DirecTV thanks to this commercial, it’s safe to say you’ll have something to watch it on soon. ––Chris Yuscavage

From the Web

More on Vibe

C Flanigan

Eminem Continues To Fire Shots At MGK During Australia Concert

It looks like Eminem and Machine Gun Kelly's beef is still going strong. During Eminem's latest concert in Australia, the rapper called MGK a "c*cksucker."

It all started when Em's fans began chanting for him to play his 2018 diss record, "Killshot." Instead of performing the track however, the Detroit native said: "I would but I don't want to give that cocksucker any more fucking light."

"Make some noise for your f**kin' selves and make nothing for MGK," he added before continuing with his set.

Em's latest comments come months after his feud with MGK exploded in 2018. The beef ignited after Em addressed Machine Gun on his Kamikaze album, which prompted the Houston artist to return with "Rap Devil." Fans thought the beef had died down, but was later resurged with Eminem's "Killshot."

Check out Eminem's latest diss in the video below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

“I would, but I can’t give that c**ksucker anymore light” 😂

A post shared by HotNewHipHop® (@hotnewhiphop) on Feb 20, 2019 at 8:26am PST

Continue Reading
Courtesy of NBC

The Viral Covington Catholic High School Teen Is Suing The Washington Post

Nicholas Sandmann, the 16-year-old Kentucky teen who went viral after footage showed him wearing a MAGA hat starring at a Native American man, has launched a lawsuit against The Washington Post to the tune of $250 million.

According to reports, Sandmann's lawyers filed a complaint Tuesday (Feb. 19) and argued the newspaper neglected to add context to the video, which resulted in damage to the teen's reputation, as well as him allegedly being bullied and harassed.

"[The Post] intended to harm Nicholas because he was a white, Catholic boy wearing a MAGA hat, and consciously ignored the threats of harm that it knew would inevitably ensue, in favor of its political agenda," the complaint outlines.

Nicholas and veteran Nathan Phillips crossed paths in January at the March For Life protest in Washington, D. C. While at the Lincoln Memorial, Philips was singing and playing a drum after the Indigenous Peoples March. Scenes from the video show teens in the background making tomahawk chopping gestures with their hands as Philips moves through the crowd, as Nicholas is seen smiling directly in his face.

Longer videos, however, provide more background. Black Hebrew Israelites were shouting and a confrontation ensued between Native Americans and tourists. BuzzFeed News spoke with Hunter Hooligan another attendee of the Indigenous People's March and described Nicholas' behavior as "mob mentality."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsy9_7WFDQO/?utm_source=ig_embed

"What made me feel scared was the mob mentality of the situation," Hooligan said. "That type of tactic of instilling fear and intimidation and overpowering and outnumbering has been a consistent weapon of white supremacy against indigenous people."

The lawsuit claims Nicholas was singled out by the paper's coverage of the incident and was motivated by their own political agenda.

"The Post must be dealt with the same way every bully is dealt with, and that is hold the bully fully accountable for its wrongdoing in a manner which effectively deters the bully from again bullying other children."

Speaking to Buzzfeed News, The Post is planning to "mount a vigorous defense."

Continue Reading
Justin Sullivan

Barack Obama Talks The Damaging Effects Of Toxic Masculinity

Former President Barack Obama and Golden State Warrior Steph Curry spoke about the importance of creating vulnerable spaces for young boys and men, specifically of color, at the annual My Brother's Keeper summit in Oakland.

“The notion that somehow defining yourself as a man is dependent on, are you able to put somebody else down… able to dominate… that is an old view,” Obama said.

The initiative, which was launched in 2014, is aimed at closing the opportunity gap for boys of color by connecting them with mentors in their desired fields.

Obama, who introduced himself as "Michelle's Husband" and referred to Curry as "Ayesha's Husband," was surrounded on stage by several young men who traveled from Yonkers, New York, Los Angeles, and Nashville.

The former president also spoke on how racism plays a factor in why young men feel the need to use aggression to "prove" themselves.

“Racism historically in this society sends a message that you are ‘less than,’ ” Obama said. “We feel we have to compensate by exaggerating stereotypical ways men are supposed to act. And that’s a trap.”

Along with racism, Obama spoke on how some hip-hop songs perpetuate a negative stereotype of black men as well.

“Ironically, that shows the vulnerability you feel,” Obama said. “If you were very confident about your sexuality, you don’t have to have eight women around you twerking… you seem stressed that you gotta be acting that way.”

“I got one woman who I’m very happy with,” he added."

Continue Reading

Top Stories