VIBE-Omarion

Omarion Names His Most Anticipated 2010 Releases, Talks 'Ollusion'

While Omarion awaits the Tuesday (Jan. 12) release of his new album Ollusion, the former B2K frontman is also looking forward to projects from his peers.

Two big albums he’s waiting on this year are Beyoncé’s I Am…Sasha Fierce follow-up and Usher’s Raymond vs. Raymond, which is currently due in February despite recent leaks.

“I’m really excited to see what [Beyoncé] is about this time, what type of music she does,” Omarion tells VIBE. “I’m [also] looking forward to Usher’s album. I heard a lot about it. A couple of months back he played me a lot of records but I’m not sure if he kept them or if it’s new or what exactly he’s doing, so I’m very interested to see what he comes with.”

Of Ursh’s Polow Da Don-produced single, “Little Freak,” featuring Nicki Minaj, O says, “It’s dope. I want to see the video. I’m real interested to see how mobile [Usher] is. I want to see his get-off, how he’s performing, how he’s dancing.”

Despite Drake being his former label mate, Omarion seemed oblivious about the Toronto rapper's much hyped debut Thank Me Later (“Oh, it’s called Thank Me Later?” O asked). Though the two collaborated on Drake’s So Far Gone track, “Bree’s Interlude,” while O was still signed to Young Money Entertainment, he insists it wasn’t a tit-for-tat deal.

“It wasn’t even planned. It just happened,” says Omarion. “As everyone knows, Wayne stay in the studio so I think everyone has that quality in his camp. [Drake] was doing his mixtape and was like, ‘Yo you should get on the mixtape.’ I was like, ‘Man pull the beat up,’ and then we just did it… Drake is doing really well for his career and I wish him luck.”

Of course, Omarion was most excited about his own project, Ollusion, stating that he’s stepped up both his singing and performing in the past two years. “The whole project is really my progression. I really just felt like I needed that time to grow and have some new things to talk about and let life happen and pull the inspiration from there,” he explains. “I feel like I’ve become stronger as a singer as a dancer. I’ve never really been at this level and what I mean by that is that I can physically and mentally get lost in performing. When I’m dancing, my movement is not about my movement. If I tell my mind to turn my body into a pretzel then I’m gon’ turn my body into a pretzel. That’s how elevated that I’ve become in my performance.” —Clover Hope

From the Web

More on Vibe

John Lamparski

Diddy Settles Sexual Harassment Lawsuit With Former Chef

Diddy has reportedly reached a settlement with his former personal chef in a sexual misconduct lawsuit that was filed in 2017, NBC Los Angeles reports.

The settlement stems from a lawsuit Cindy Rueda filed nearly two years ago. Rueda was reportedly Diddy's personal chef from Apr. 2015 to May 2016. She accused the Bad Boy mogul of sexual harassment and unfair wages. She claimed that she never received additional pay for extra work hours during her time of employment.

Additionally, she alleged that Diddy requested that Rueda serve breakfast to him and a guest in his bedroom. During those incidents, she said she was forced to see "Mr. Combs and his guest indisposed and engaged in sexual activity." Upon entering, she alleged that he would then yell and curse at her.

In Aug. 2017, a Los Angeles Superior Court Judge sent Rueda's case to mediation outside of the court due to the terms of an agreement she previously signed as an employee for Diddy.

The terms or value of the settlement has not been disclosed at this time.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Jussie Smollett Facing Felony Charge For Filing False Report

Update: 8:00 pm ET (Feb. 20, 2019) - Jussie Smollett has reportedly been charged with a class 4 felony charge for filing a false police report, according to The New York Times. If convicted, he faces up to three years in prison.

Original story below...

Jussie Smollett is officially a suspect in the alleged attack that occurred in Chicago earlier this year. Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi  announced the news on Twitter on Wednesday (Feb. 20).

“Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony),” Guglielmi tweeted.

Case Update: Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony). Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury. pic.twitter.com/FhDcbBKsuU

— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 20, 2019

Felony criminal charges have been approved by @CookCountySAO against Jussie Smollett for Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report. Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest. pic.twitter.com/LvBSYE2kVj

— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 21, 2019

The announcement comes only moments after video surfaced of the two brother purchasing ski masks, gloves, and other supplies in a local store. The Osundairo brothers were allegedly hired by Smollett to act out the attack.

Smollett has adamantly denied accusations that he staged the attack. His family, Fox, and many other celebrity friends also released statements defending him. On Wednesday evening (Feb. 20), Smollett's legal team (Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson) issued the following statement:

“Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked. Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount an aggressive defense."

Story developing... 

Continue Reading
Dominik Bindi

Video Surfaces Of Osundairo Brothers Buying Supplies For Jussie Smollett Attack

A new video of the Osundairo brothers, the two who alleged Jussie Smollett hired them to stage an attack in Chicago earlier this year, has surfaced online. The video shows Ola and Abel Osundairo purchasing supplies that were allegedly used in the attack.

The video, which was obtained by CBS, shows the two brothers stepping up to the cashier's counter to buy ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses, and red hats that resembled MAGA hats. At one point in the video, Abel pulls his hood over his head, perhaps in an attempt to avoid showing his face on surveillance cameras.

EXCLUSIVE:

I tracked down surveillance of the Osundairo's buying supplies before "attack"

Sources say Jussie Smollet told brothers what to buy.

Countless phone calls placed for this.

Visited more stores than I wish to admit. @cbschicago https://t.co/GT6h2g6Y9a pic.twitter.com/ULr3UTDe9Q

— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 20, 2019

CBS2 reports that the brothers bought the suspected supplies the day before the "attack" on Jussie. While previous videos obtained by the Chicago PD suggest the attackers were wearing ski masks at the time, the new footage does not confirm that Smollett orchestrated the attack.

The Empire actor has reportedly agreed to sit down with the police for another interview. Check out the new video below.

Continue Reading

Top Stories