slaughterhouse1

Slaughterhouse Announces European Tour

American Hip-Hop group Slaughterhouse has announced their first ever European tour.

The group, which features Joe Budden, Royce Da 5’9, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I, will hit the road on January 20, for series of dates that start in Holland.

The 14-date tour will make stops in Poland, the Czech Republic, Finland, Denmark, Hungary, Austria and other major markets in Europe.

"Slaughterhouse has proven that you can focus on lyricism and content and still be commercially viable," Royce told AllHipHop.com. "I'm happy with 2009, but we hope to have an even better 2010. And we're about to set it off with our fans in Europe."

The group is hitting the road in Europe to promote their debut self-titled release which landed in stores on August 11.

Although he was curt with his words, Joe Budden was equally confident that fans across Europe will be impressed with Slaughterhouse’s inaugural tour of the continent.

"The stage will be brought down like it always is," Joe Budden said. "This is what we live for, see you there."

Tour dates are listed below:
Wednesday, January 20 Amsterdam, Holland Melkweg
Friday, January 22 Hengelo, Holland, Metropool
Saturday, January 23 Stockholm, Sweden Gota Kollare
Sunday, January 24 Warsaw, Poland, The Fresh
Wednesday, January 27 Copenhagen, Denmark, Loppen
Thursday, January 28 Bergins Norway, Verftet
Friday, January 29 Trondheim, Norway, Kjopmannagata
Saturday, January 30, Oslo, Norway, Bla
Sunday, January 31 Helsinski, Finland Virgin Oil Co.
Tuesday, February 2 Prague, Czech Republic Lucerna Music
Wednesday, February 3 Budapest, Hungary A38
Thursday, February 4 Vienna, Austria, Planet
Friday, February 5 Zürich, Switzerland Dynamo
Saturday, February 6 Biel, Switzerland Coupole

From the Web

More on Vibe

Moses Robinson/Getty Images for Neighborhood Awards

Steve Harvey Says He "Misspoke" During Mo'Nique Interview

Earlier this month, Steve Harvey and Mo'Nique sparked a debate on social media following their interview on the former's daytime talk show. On the subject of money opposite integrity, the comedians engaged in a discussion that left some viewers scratching their heads concerning Harvey.

Now, in an interview with E! News, the Family Feud host is expressing his repentance over his statements. "My only regret in the whole thing was I misspoke. In the heat of the discussion, I used the word 'integrity,' when really I was talking about the method in which she was going about things, and that's the only thing," Harvey said. "I just want my young fans, the ones who look up to me, who consider me a role model in everything to know that I misused the word 'integrity' in the wrong context."

The statement in contention surrounds Harvey's claim that as black entertainers in Hollywood, "we can't come out here and do it any kind of way we want to," referring to how Mo'Nique decided to call out those in show business that she feels placed obstacles on her path. The 62-year-old continued to state that money is the name of the game.

"This ain't the black man's game, this ain't the white man's game. This is the money game," he previously said. "And you cannot sacrifice yourself. The best thing you can do for poor people is not be one of them." Mo'Nique responded by stating integrity used to be the root of anyone's actions, but "we've lost integrity worrying about the money." Harvey retorted by stating if he takes up a cause and his career begins to suffer, then it'll affect his children and grandchildren. "There are ways to win the war in a different way," he said at the time. The interview surrounded Mo'Nique's fight for equality in Hollywood and the comments she made to have her voice heard.

Watch the full interview below.

Continue Reading
John Wayne praised white supremacy, stealing indigenous land and downplayed black people's intelligence in unearthed 'Playboy' interview.
Getty Images

John Wayne's Racist Unearthed Interview Shows That Things Haven't Changed

While he's been dead for nearly 40 years, film star John Wayne's comments from a May 1971 interview with Playboy are making headlines for his pretty racist rhetoric, and it shows that not much has changed in America.

The actor, who has been in films such as 1960's The Alamo and 1966's El Dorado, stated in the nearly 50-year-old interview that he was in favor of white supremacy, explaining his belief that black people weren't "sufficiently equipped scholastically" to be in charge of others.

"We can't all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of blacks," Wayne said in the interview in response to a question regarding Angela Davis and discrimination. He also explained his belief that there was nothing wrong with the "so-called stealing" of indigenous land, because at the time, it was "means for survival."

"There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves," he said.

While many have argued that Wayne's thought-process was par for the course for someone born in 1907, others insist that this type of thinking still persists today. Regardless of the time that's passed, this way of thinking has no place in 2019 America.

"Seeing John Wayne complain about seeing gay relationships in movies and accusing diverse roles as 'tokenism' pretty much tells me sh*t hasn't changed one bit," one Twitter user wrote.

Jesus fuck, John Wayne was a straight up piece of shit

(Playboy interview, May 1971) pic.twitter.com/okfG1iZb0U

— Matt Williams (@pixelpreaching) February 18, 2019

Seeing John Wayne complain about seeing gay relationships in movies and accusing diverse roles as "tokenism" pretty much tells me shit hasn't changed one bit. https://t.co/WxlH4q6UqR

— Jim Sterling (@JimSterling) February 19, 2019

It doesn’t matter if John Wayne has been dead for 40 years, this kind of hate speech has no place in our society.

Please retweet so that as many people as possible can read it. https://t.co/MoEmbwI9QV

— Titania McGrath (@TitaniaMcGrath) February 19, 2019

Continue Reading
Christian Vierig

Burberry Apologizes For Hoodie With A Noose Around The Neck

Fashion brand Burberry has apologized after one of their designs, a hoodie featuring a noose around its neck, made its debut during London fashion week.

A statement released by the retailer revealed the item has been removed after one of the brand's own models took to Instagram to blast the fashion house for its cultural insensitivity.

"We are deeply sorry for the distress caused by one of the products that featured in our A/W 2019 runway collection," Marco Gobbetti, Burberry chief executive officer, said in a statement provided to CNN. "Though the design was inspired by the marine theme that ran throughout the collection, it was insensitive and we made a mistake."

Liz Kennedy was featured in the show and alleges her qualms about the noose went ignored. Kennedy also says some members of the staff joked about it prior to the show while hanging the noose from the ceiling.

"I had a brief conversation with someone but all that it entailed was 'it's fashion. Nobody cares about what's going on in your personal life so just keep it to yourself,' " she said.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_e9OpgGG3/?utm_source=ig_embed

News of Burberry's noose-hoodie comes on the heels of Gucci's blackface controversy. The Italian luxury brand merited the ire of the Internet after their $890 balaclava turtleneck, which featured a cutout of red lips, caused many to blast the fashion house for the racist attire.

Celebrities including Spike Lee, T.I. and more vowed to boycott Gucci.

Continue Reading

Top Stories