JavarisCrittenton

Washington Wizards' Javaris Crittenton Pleads Guilty To Gun Charge

Washington Wizards' star Gilbert Arenas got handed some punishment following a recent gun incident that had the sports world talking. Now, 10 days later, the other team member involved, Javaris Crittenton, pleaded guilty to a gun charge in DC courtroom on Monday (January 25).

According to reports, Crittenton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of possession of an unregistered firearm, as a part of a plea agreement that gives him one year of unsupervised probation.

A second misdemeanor charge of attempted carrying of a pistol without a license is expected to be dropped.

Crittenton's lawyer, Peter H. White, told the L.A. Times that he brought a legally owned, unloaded handgun to Washington "only because he legitimately feared for his life." But, he does accept responsibility for his conduct.

This comes after Arenas pleaded guilty to a felony gun charge on January 15th, for a locker room argument in December where he and Crittenton reportedly pulled guns on each other.

While Crittenton got off easy with probation, Arenas could face up to five years in prison for the stunt. However, prosecutors are expected ask that he not receive more than six months.

According to SI.com, Crittenton's account of what took place in the Wizards' locker room will likely be shared with the court ... and it will not portray Arenas in a positive light, which in turn, might hurt the star's sentencing.

Here's a little more of what Crittenton and Arenas said about the incident, according to SI.com:

Arenas, according to the account, suggested that he and Crittenton resolve a card game argument by having Arenas either set Crittenton's vehicle ablaze or shoot Crittenton in the face. Two days later in the Wizards' locker room, Arenas allegedly positioned four guns in front of Crittenton's locker and left written instruction that Crittenton pick one of the guns.

Arenas maintains the incidents on the flight and in the locker room were part of a joke, though Crittenton's alleged reaction -- Crittenton said he felt genuinely threatened and only carried and pulled out his own gun because he feared for his life -- suggests at a minimum that it offended him or that he took Arenas' threats at face value. D.C. Superior Court Judge Robert E. Morin, who will sentence Arenas, may regard Arenas' alleged behavior as so irresponsible that it warrants time behind bars.

Arenas is still suspended indefinitely from the NBA.

 

From the Web

More on Vibe

John Lamparski

Diddy Settles Sexual Harassment Lawsuit With Former Chef

Diddy has reportedly reached a settlement with his former personal chef in a sexual misconduct lawsuit that was filed in 2017, NBC Los Angeles reports.

The settlement stems from a lawsuit Cindy Rueda filed nearly two years ago. Rueda was reportedly Diddy's personal chef from Apr. 2015 to May 2016. She accused the Bad Boy mogul of sexual harassment and unfair wages. She claimed that she never received additional pay for extra work hours during her time of employment.

Additionally, she alleged that Diddy requested that Rueda serve breakfast to him and a guest in his bedroom. During those incidents, she said she was forced to see "Mr. Combs and his guest indisposed and engaged in sexual activity." Upon entering, she alleged that he would then yell and curse at her.

In Aug. 2017, a Los Angeles Superior Court Judge sent Rueda's case to mediation outside of the court due to the terms of an agreement she previously signed as an employee for Diddy.

The terms or value of the settlement has not been disclosed at this time.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Jussie Smollett Facing Felony Charge For Filing False Report

Update: 8:00 pm ET (Feb. 20, 2019) - Jussie Smollett has reportedly been charged with a class 4 felony charge for filing a false police report, according to The New York Times. If convicted, he faces up to three years in prison.

Original story below...

Jussie Smollett is officially a suspect in the alleged attack that occurred in Chicago earlier this year. Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi  announced the news on Twitter on Wednesday (Feb. 20).

“Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony),” Guglielmi tweeted.

Case Update: Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony). Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury. pic.twitter.com/FhDcbBKsuU

— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 20, 2019

Felony criminal charges have been approved by @CookCountySAO against Jussie Smollett for Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report. Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest. pic.twitter.com/LvBSYE2kVj

— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 21, 2019

The announcement comes only moments after video surfaced of the two brother purchasing ski masks, gloves, and other supplies in a local store. The Osundairo brothers were allegedly hired by Smollett to act out the attack.

Smollett has adamantly denied accusations that he staged the attack. His family, Fox, and many other celebrity friends also released statements defending him. On Wednesday evening (Feb. 20), Smollett's legal team (Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson) issued the following statement:

“Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked. Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount an aggressive defense."

Story developing... 

Continue Reading
Dominik Bindi

Video Surfaces Of Osundairo Brothers Buying Supplies For Jussie Smollett Attack

A new video of the Osundairo brothers, the two who alleged Jussie Smollett hired them to stage an attack in Chicago earlier this year, has surfaced online. The video shows Ola and Abel Osundairo purchasing supplies that were allegedly used in the attack.

The video, which was obtained by CBS, shows the two brothers stepping up to the cashier's counter to buy ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses, and red hats that resembled MAGA hats. At one point in the video, Abel pulls his hood over his head, perhaps in an attempt to avoid showing his face on surveillance cameras.

EXCLUSIVE:

I tracked down surveillance of the Osundairo's buying supplies before "attack"

Sources say Jussie Smollet told brothers what to buy.

Countless phone calls placed for this.

Visited more stores than I wish to admit. @cbschicago https://t.co/GT6h2g6Y9a pic.twitter.com/ULr3UTDe9Q

— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 20, 2019

CBS2 reports that the brothers bought the suspected supplies the day before the "attack" on Jussie. While previous videos obtained by the Chicago PD suggest the attackers were wearing ski masks at the time, the new footage does not confirm that Smollett orchestrated the attack.

The Empire actor has reportedly agreed to sit down with the police for another interview. Check out the new video below.

Continue Reading

Top Stories