asom-lady-gaga asom-lady-gaga

Akon: Lady Gaga Getting 'Bigger And Better,' Readying New Album

It’s a great time to be Lady Gaga. The controversial pop rebel, whose “Bad Romance” video last week became the most watched video in YouTube history with nearly 180 million visits, is currently headlining her sold-out, critically-acclaimed Monster’s Ball tour across the globe. And her seemingly unstoppable album The Fame is back at No. 1 on the U.K. chart after an impressive 65 weeks on the charts.

But the eccentric fashion-forward performer isn’t resting on her recent hot streak. According to platinum music mogul Akon, who inked Gaga to his Kon Live Distribution label in 2008, the “Telephone” singer-songwriter is already recording tracks for an upcoming follow-up album.

“She records while she’s on the road,” says Akon of Lady Gaga. “I’m flying out to Europe to work on some new records with her. Gaga’s just like me. She has a tour bus with a studio in it. Some of the songs I’ve heard are going to be crazy. She’s getting bigger and better.”

When it comes to Gaga’s songwriting process, Akon says he’s glad the pianist is self-contained artist.

“All I’m doing at the end of the day is listening to the tracks Gaga has written and approving them for her album. She has producers that she works with outside of myself and they are coming up with some incredible records," he says. "But the beauty of it is she knows exactly what she wants. So it just makes it easier for me.”

While there is no official release date for the untitled follow-up album, Gaga fans will be able to catch the unpredictable it girl at this year’s August Lollapalooza in Chicago. --Keith Murphy


PHOTOS: LADY GAGA UNLEASHED! 

RELATED STORIES

Lady Gaga Bigger Pop Star Than Beyoncé? Perez Hilton Answers

Christina Aguilera's Songwriter On Lady Gaga Comparisons: 'That's Crap'

Akon: 'I Miss The Old Christina Aguilera'

From the Web

More on Vibe

Time's Up logo
Jordan Hedeby/ Sunshine Sachs

Time's Up Legal Defense Fund Holding Star-Studded eBay Auction

The TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund is holding an auction featuring some timeless memorabilia and experiences from high-profile members of Hollywood's elite. 100% of the proceeds will benefit the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund.

According to a press release, for the one-year anniversary of the movement, the auction and campaign will offer 36 once-in-a-lifetime experiences that brings the winners up-close-and-personal with some of their favorite stars. Ava DuVernay, Reese Witherspoon, Margot Robbie, Brie Larson, Geena Davis, Laura Dern and many more have signed on to be a part of this exciting experience, which will occur via eBay from Dec. 10 until the 20th.

"Each contribution will especially help low-wage workers connect to the legal resources they need to fight against sexual harassment," said Fatima Goss Graves, co-founder of the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund and President and CEO of the National Women’s Law Center. "This scourge continues to thrive across all industries—and it’s time to tackle it. We are dedicated to creating a reality where no worker must endure abuse for a paycheck.”

Some of the experiences winners could receive include "Ava DuVernay’s creative campus ARRAY with a chance to join her during a post-production session of her new Netflix mini-series Central Park 5, a selfie on the red carpetwith Reese Witherspoon at the Big Little Lies Season 2 premiere, a coffee date with Geena Davis, [and] a meet-and-greet with Kerry Washington with the cast of the upcoming Broadway show American Son."

READ MORE: Tessa Thompson Clears Up Comments Made Toward Lena Dunham Joining "Time's Up" Campaign

Continue Reading
Robin Marchant

A 'New York Undercover' Reboot May Be On The Way

Nostalgia seems to be the name of the game these days. As networks flirt with the idea of rebooting beloved television shows birthed in the 90s, the return on investment appears to be two-fold: being able to tap into the fanbase that helped catapult the show to success, while exposing the series to a new audience.

According to Deadline, ABC is not only rebooting NYPD Blue but also considering bringing back New York Undercover. Created by Dick Wolf, the cop drama starring Malik Yoba and Michael DeLorenzo was the first series that featured two actors of colors as the lead.

Yoba and DeLorenzo played undercover detectives J.C Williams and Eddie Torres with New York's fourth precinct. Later on in the series, Lauren Valez joined the cast as a detective and Torres' love interest. Originally housed on Fox, the series lasted from 1994-1998, with the unsuspecting death of Torres who perished in a car bomb.

Wolf's agent spoke to Deadline and hinted about the reprisal. "Wolf  is reviving one of his shows from years ago – it’s a franchise you can redo” that “doesn’t necessarily have to have the same cast.” Reportedly there are multiple networks interested.

If the show does make a return, will you tune in?

READ MORE: Yes, Martin Is A Classic But Let's Leave It In The 90s

Continue Reading

R. Kelly's Ex-Girlfriend Kitti Jones Details Abuse By Singer

With the recent gun threats at a screening of Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly docuseries, former girlfriend Kitti Jones sits down with Page Six TV to detail the ins and outs of her relationship with the singer on Monday (Dec. 6).

Joining the conversation via video live stream, Jones speaks on the emotion and physical abuse she endured during her two-year relationship with Kelly, telling a number of horror stories in the process.

Having lived with him in his Chicago home from 2011 to 2013, Jones shares the way the abuse evolved from verbal to physical beginning with an implementation of rules. According to Jones, Kelly would expect her to follow a number of obscure and possessive rules such as, "standing up when he walks into the room," "facing the wall," and "asking permission to use the bathroom."

In addition, Jones shares that she was often expected to have "sex on demand" and would suffer adverse consequences if she did not comply, including being denied food for days at a time.

During the interview, Jones also aligns with Kelly's ex-wife, Andrea Kelly, in her claim that the R&B musician was undoubtedly behind the threats that ultimately evacuated a private screening of the upcoming R.Kelly docuseries, Surviving R. Kelly on Dec. 4.

“I believe it was somebody connected to him," Andrea Kelly told Rolling  Stone. “This was an outside inside-job to me; someone on the outside does not want what’s going on on the inside to be completed. Whoever it came from, they know that this is not a good thing because there’s power in numbers.”

According to reports, those in attendance included the several of Kelly's accusers as well as the founder of the #MeToo movement, Tarana Burke.

Check out Jones' full interview here.

READ MORE: Andrea Kelly Believes R. Kelly Is Behind Gun Threats At Documentary Screening

Continue Reading

Top Stories