the-dream-christina-milian the-dream-christina-milian

The-Dream Says Christina Requested Pickles And A Cow While Preggers

It's no secret that mothers-to-be tend to crave bizarre combinations during their pregnancy. The-Dream says his wife, Christina Milian, was no different, but probably had the most unusual demands.

"That woman wanted everything. Pickles, a building, the ice-cream factory, a cow, a train set, a cloud, a song," Dream says with a laugh. "She was really funny when she was pregnant." 

The R&B couple's one-month-old daughter, Violet, bares a striking resemblance to her father, which Dream says runs deeper than looks. "Violet is just like me: cool. She thinks, though. When you look at her you can tell she’s thinking, 'What the fuck did I get myself into out this womb? These motherfuckers are crazy. And who the hell is this bitch?' [laughs] She doesn't cry a lot, she's just a tiny quiet character," he says. 

Wednesday, Us Weekly revealed photos of Milian with her newborn sans daddy Dream. Why the absence? "I don’t deal with those types of things. Most of anything that gets shot... that’s Christina’s world," he says. "I’ve never been into tabloids or blogs. Before I met her I wasn’t even paying attention to that shit. Now I’m like whatever. [Those things] can just influence you in the wrong way and put you in a certain mood. I don’t give a fuck though. Blogs didn’t get 'Umbrella' written." 

Dream, who has four children in total (three with ex-wife Nivea), says he always planned for a huge family and would love to have even more kids. "I’ll probably end up with eighty kids some type of way. They're like little people with little personalities. I love them... always wanted a big family," he says. "I grew up by myself, my mother passed in ’92, so I was still staying in my grandfather’s house and grew up as a single child, dealing with his crazy self. That's why I like having a lot of people around. So when I had the power, it was about building something so even if doesn’t start [with me], I’ll just influence my children to make children. So it starts and stays this way so you’re never forgotten."

As for his wife's fourth album, Elope, which was being worked on before Violet's birth, Dream says to expect another project from Milian first. "She’s paused a little bit on the music side because she has more movie stuff now. She’s also dealing with some personal family stuff with her mom and her sisters. So she’s kind of in that world with things she’s trying to put together before she steps back into working [on the album]."

The-Dream and Christina Milian wed in September 2009. Milian is currently signed to Radio Killa Records. —Tracy Garraud

PREVIOUS: The-Dream Calls 'Love King' Hate 'Psychological'; Talks Rumored 4th Album, Love/Affair

PHOTOS: Christina Milian is One Hot Mama 
 

From the Web

More on Vibe

Vivien Killilea

Romeo May Have Landed A Role In 'Bad Boys For Life'

Bad Boys 3 is officially going down, and there's going to be a lot of new changes. The biggest change seems to be major additions to the film's cast. In fact, Romeo Miller recently hopped on social media on Tuesday (Dec. 11), suggesting that he could be the newest addition to the Bad Boys team.

Romeo shared a photo of an email for a callback to the Bad Boys set on his Instagram Stories on Dec. 11. "When you get callbacks and opportunity to work alongside your idols, @martinlawrence and @willsmith, you go study and go ghost," the rapper-turned-actor said, mentioning stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

Romeo isn't the only hip-hop star to possibly land a role in the forthcoming movie. Nicky Jam also suggested he was going out for a part during an interview with TMZ in Nov. 2018. "I actually came her because I'm doing a casting for a movie," he said at the time.

As previously reported Will Smith and Martin Lawrence announced that the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise is finally happening after years of negotiating. The upcoming film, entitled, Bad Boys For Life, is expected to premiere in Jan. 2020.

Check out Romeo's post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Looks like #Romeo May be joining the #BadBoys3 crew! Are y’all here for it, #Roomies!?

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:13am PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Safaree Says He's Over His Beef With Meek Mill: "He Ain't On No B.S"

Safaree is ready to leave the ill feelings in 2018. In a forthcoming episode of BET's Rants, Safaree dished about his previously beef with Meek Mill, insisting that he was way over the drama.

During the episode, Safaree addressed Meek's new attitude and maturity level. "As far as Meek—and I can see in Meek and everything he does now—he's way more mature than he was even a year ago," Safaree said. "From what he's been through, I can tell he ain't on no B.S. because when I hosted the BET Pre-Awards and all that, [Rick] Ross was there. Me and Ross, we spoke, we chopped it up and Meek was right there."

He also stated that he's moving on and focusing his energy elsewhere. "It was what it was. The s**t happened. Ain't nobody die. I'm over that."

As previously reported, Safaree and Meek's beef started in 2017, over what seemed to be the common denominator: Nicki Minaj. Meek started dating the rapper after her 10-year long romance with the Love & Hip Hop star.

Things escalated after Safaree accused Meek and his crew of jumping him during the 2017 BET Awards weekend in Los Angeles. Footage taken during the incident shows Safaree talking to some people at the same time that Meek hops out of his vehicle a couple of feet away. Soon after, someone is seen throwing a punch at Safaree. At the time, Safaree called Meek the "biggest pu**y on the planet, but he clearly has a change of heart now.

It's unclear if Meek and Safaree have officially made up, but this wouldn't be the first reconciliation that happened involving the CHAMPIONSHIPS artist. He previously made up with Drake in Sept. 2018.

Safaree's episode of Rants airs on BET on Dec. 11.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

'Selena: The Series' Is Headed To Netflix

It's been more than 20 years since Selena Quintanilla's senseless death, but the singer's fans and family have done their part to keep her memory and legacy alive. With the hope of introducing the Grammy-award winner to a new generation, Netflix has ordered a Selena series to live on the streaming platform.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Quintanilla family will produce what is being described as a coming of age story for the model, actress and fashion designer. It's unclear how many episodes will be in the series and if it'll be 30 minutes or an hour.

"Selena will always have a lasting place in music history and we feel great responsibility to do justice to her memory. With this series, viewers will finally get the full history of Selena, our family, and the impact she has had on all of our lives, Selena's sister Suzette Quintanilla said in a statement. "We are excited to partner with Campanario and Netflix to give fans a never-before-seen glimpse at our story and highlight why Selena will remain a legend for generations to come."

Selena began her musical career in the 1980s often performing at festivals in her hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas. She quickly rose to fame and earned a Grammy in 1994 for best Mexican/American album, becoming the first female Tejano singer to do so.

In 1995, Selena was shot and killed by Yolanda Saldivar who managed her fan club after it had been discovered she was embezzling money. Saldivar was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. The singer's life then made it to the big screen in 1997, with Jennifer Lopez starring in the principal role.

READ MORE: Her Living Legacy And What It Still Means Today

Continue Reading

Top Stories