e40inred

Yay! E-40 Speaks On San Francisco Giants' World Series Win

E-40 isn't jumping on the San Francisco Giants bandwagon now that they won the first Major League Baseball World Series in city history. In fact, 40 Water's been riding with the Giants for years now. He followed the team during the late '70s and early '80s when third baseman Darrell Evans and first baseman Jack Clark patrolled the diamond up through the 2000s, when Barry Bonds, his all-time favorite Giants player, broke Hank Aaron's home run record by hitting the most deep balls in MLB history.

It's safe to say that no Bay Area rapper is happier to see the Giants bring the city of San Francisco its first major sports championship since the NFL's 49ers in 1994. To help him celebrate, VIBE.com caught up with 40 to talk about what the victory means to his town. 



I love the hell out of baseball. When I get a chance to watch TV, that's what I watch. I actually like the Giants and the [Oakland] A's because they're both Bay Area teams, but I've followed the Giants a little more closely.

This year was pretty special because, to be honest with you, I didn't know the Giants were as good as they turned out to be this season. I knew they had potential and I know they turned their whole organization over with a fresh new team a couple years ago. But this was—I'm not going to say it was a shocker—but it definitely had everybody out here like, 'Wow.' You know? They walked through the World Series like it was nothing.

The win gives a lot of hope to the city. As far as the rap scene, we've always been trendsetters out here so we like to be recognized. We like to feel like we matter out here. So anything that brings national attention to us like the Giants, we cheer for it. Anything from the Bay that gets national attention, we all got our thumbs up like, 'Okay!'

The Giants win gives us all a lot of faith. You can do anything if you just believe. They didn't have any super-duper superstars. They didn't have Alex Rodriguez. There are no players like that. But they're all humble and they make a great team. That's San Francisco for you. —As told to Chris Yuscavage

→E-40 just wrapped up the Independent Grind Tour alongside Tech N9ne, Glasses Malone, Jay Rock and Kutt Calhoun. He's currently putting the finishing touches on next two solo projects, Revenue Retrievin': Overtime Shift and Revenue Retrievin': Graveyard Shift, both set to be released in early 2011 as well as a forthcoming collaborative album, The History Channel, with Too $hort due out sometime next year.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Vic Mensa Apologized To XXXTentacion's Mother Over BET Freestyle Diss

Vic Mensa sparked controversy earlier this year after he took jabs at XXXTentacion's abusive past during a freestyle at the 2018 BET Hip-Hop Awards. Many criticized the timing of his diss, saying he shouldn't have said it while X's mother was in attendance to accept her son's award. While Vic stated that he doesn't regret his comments, he admitted that he did apologize to X's mom.

"I actually reached out to his mother personally,” the rapper said during an appearance on radio's "The Breakfast Club" on Monday (Dec. 10). "I apologized to her because I didn’t know she would be in attendance… I wouldn’t walk back any of my statements because what I said, I meant. And some more truth came to light not long after."

He also mentioned that although his timing was inappropriate, his talking points were important and necessary. "At the end of the day, I do think that the conversation that I was trying to bring up and that I did bring up is a super necessary conversation," he continued. "Maybe the way of going about it was not the best for the time, but I think the conversation is one that had to be had – talking about violence against women and misogyny in hip-hop, but particularly violence against women. I had a lot of people on the low reach out to me and thank me for that."

As previously mentioned, XXXTentacion was accused of physically abusing his then-pregnant, ex-girlfriend. Vic's freestyle included the lines: "Only time you bear arms is in a wife beater, loser/Your favorite rapper is an abuser." Weeks after the viral diss, audio obtained by Pitchfork, revealed the rapper admitting to committing physical harm against her and others.

Check out Vic Mensa full interview above.

Continue Reading
Vivien Killilea

Romeo May Have Landed A Role In 'Bad Boys For Life'

Bad Boys 3 is officially going down, and there's going to be a lot of new changes. The biggest change seems to be major additions to the film's cast. In fact, Romeo Miller recently hopped on social media on Tuesday (Dec. 11), suggesting that he could be the newest addition to the Bad Boys team.

Romeo shared a photo of an email for a callback to the Bad Boys set on his Instagram Stories on Dec. 11. "When you get callbacks and opportunity to work alongside your idols, @martinlawrence and @willsmith, you go study and go ghost," the rapper-turned-actor said, mentioning stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

Romeo isn't the only hip-hop star to possibly land a role in the forthcoming movie. Nicky Jam also suggested he was going out for a part during an interview with TMZ in Nov. 2018. "I actually came her because I'm doing a casting for a movie," he said at the time.

As previously reported Will Smith and Martin Lawrence announced that the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise is finally happening after years of negotiating. The upcoming film, entitled, Bad Boys For Life, is expected to premiere in Jan. 2020.

Check out Romeo's post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Looks like #Romeo May be joining the #BadBoys3 crew! Are y’all here for it, #Roomies!?

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:13am PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Safaree Says He's Over His Beef With Meek Mill: "He Ain't On No B.S"

Safaree is ready to leave the ill feelings in 2018. In a forthcoming episode of BET's Rants, Safaree dished about his previously beef with Meek Mill, insisting that he was way over the drama.

During the episode, Safaree addressed Meek's new attitude and maturity level. "As far as Meek—and I can see in Meek and everything he does now—he's way more mature than he was even a year ago," Safaree said. "From what he's been through, I can tell he ain't on no B.S. because when I hosted the BET Pre-Awards and all that, [Rick] Ross was there. Me and Ross, we spoke, we chopped it up and Meek was right there."

He also stated that he's moving on and focusing his energy elsewhere. "It was what it was. The s**t happened. Ain't nobody die. I'm over that."

As previously reported, Safaree and Meek's beef started in 2017, over what seemed to be the common denominator: Nicki Minaj. Meek started dating the rapper after her 10-year long romance with the Love & Hip Hop star.

Things escalated after Safaree accused Meek and his crew of jumping him during the 2017 BET Awards weekend in Los Angeles. Footage taken during the incident shows Safaree talking to some people at the same time that Meek hops out of his vehicle a couple of feet away. Soon after, someone is seen throwing a punch at Safaree. At the time, Safaree called Meek the "biggest pu**y on the planet, but he clearly has a change of heart now.

It's unclear if Meek and Safaree have officially made up, but this wouldn't be the first reconciliation that happened involving the CHAMPIONSHIPS artist. He previously made up with Drake in Sept. 2018.

Safaree's episode of Rants airs on BET on Dec. 11.

Continue Reading

Top Stories