All Natural DIY Face Masks That Promote Healthy Skin
Some Vixens prefer to know how to pronounce the ingredients they put on their face. Several over-the-counter products have harsh components and can get a little pricey, but Shine has 11 one-ingredient face masks that can solve this problem. Made from all natural supplies, these face masks deserve at least one good try!
1. Honey -- A humectant, honey, attracts and retains moisture, so it's great for anyone who wants to combat dry skin. Use a cloth damp with warm water and pat skin to open pores. Smear honey onto skin and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, and pat skin dry with cloth damp with cold water to close pores.
2. Raw egg yolk -- Egg yolks are high in vitamin A, a common ingredient in acne-fighting products. Spread on face and neck and leave on skin for 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
3. Raw egg white -- You'll get a lifting effect as the protein in egg whites dries on your skin. Beat egg white until frothy and spread on face. Wait until it dries and rinse off with warm water.
4. Grapes -- They contain powerful antioxidants, called polyphenols, which an help combat aging. Cut one grape in half and rub lightly all over face.
5. Banana -- Bananas are one of the most nourishing fruits available because they contain large quantities of magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, iodine, and vitamins A, B (folic acid), E, and F, all of which benefit the skin. Mash one overripe banana and spread onto face. Rinse off after 15 to 30 minutes with warm water.
6. Plain yogurt -- Yogurt contains alpha-hydroxy acids, including lactic acid, which are commonly used to help reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles. It's also rich in B-complex vitamins, including B-5, or panthothenic acid, which is commonly used to promote skin healing. Apply on face after cleansing and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes.
Check out the rest of the face masks here!