CThaGod's Concrete Journal: The 10 Commandments Of Hip Hop
5) Thou Must Not Celebrate The Drug Culture - Drugs are destroying the black community. There isn't a dope boy in the country who wants to be a dope boy. The Trap is just that, a Trap. You'll either end up in jail or dead. It's like playing Russian Roulette with your life. Trap or Die? You might as well die because in the Trap your killing yourself and your community slowly but surely.
4) Thou Must Not Promote Promiscuity - MC's should promote a deep sense of love and marriage. You should talk about commitment, bonding, and intimacy. Rappers talk about having lots of sex but not about the fact that Blacks represent 57% of all new AIDS cases in the US even though we only make up 13% of the population.
3) Thou Must Not Lust After Things That Don't Belong To Us - This Law does not advocate MC's going after the material possessions of someone in your community. By keeping this commitment you promise to promote a strong work ethic in your music and speak out against greed, lust, and impulsive Behavior. Besides Robbery and Rape carry a lot of time.
2) Thou Must Not Kill - MC's should not lyrically take the life of another black person in order to secure a hit CD. If the artist doesn't value the life of someone else on a record, then the consumer he influences won't value the life of someone else in the street.
1) Thou Must Not Disrespect Women - Rap Music today is psychologically breeding a generation of bitches, whores, and sluts. Women are not our sexual playtoys they are the greatest natural resource on the planet. Without them, we can't create life and I know you don't want a nation of bitches, whores, and sluts raising your babies. Instead of disrespecting women, empower them by letting them know they are Queens, Mothers of the Planet Earth and that their purpose is not to be shaking there asses in music videos.