ne-yo-libra-scale_0

Ne-Yo On Why He's Done With Pop&B & Debuting His Bad Boy Side (Pg. 2)

As long as it’s not a Euro-Pop album…
I'm glad that R&B is slowly making its way back, because everybody is on the pop thing right now. I shit you not when I tell you I was done with dance music before Pitbull called me and said, “Yo, do this record with me.” I did it because that's my nigga. But here's the thing: dance music will never die. Anywhere else on the planet, that's what's going on. I don't know what it is about America, but we have a tendency to take something that's genuine and turn it into this commercialized, processed shit. That's what’s going on with the dance craze. People are reproducing it in mass production and now it's a fucking burger. I take partial responsibility for that and I understand I had an audience that liked to hear me on that type of stuff. Right now my current struggle is trying to find the new that. I can do the dance thing, but I have to find the new version. I feel like I've found a slight crack in the door.

Could that be rapping?
Well I have [rapped on a record before]. There was a little piece on the beginning on “One in a Million,” which I honestly don't even know if I would call it rap; it was just something that felt good right there. There’s the “A Millie” freestyle I did a little while back, too. If you can do it and deliver it, then do it. What Chris [Brown] is doing, it's not like it sounds like an R&B nigga trying to rap; he actually sounds good on the joint. Why put yourself in a box? It's the same thing for rappers that want to try to sing. If you can do it and naturally sound good doing it, then, shit, do it. That's what music is supposed to be anyway. There aren't supposed to be any rules to the shit.

True. Lastly, chime in on this debate: Is Beyoncé is the Michael Jackson of our generation?
Anybody trying to be the Michael Jackson of any period, it's a losing battle. It's not going to happen. There will only be one Michael Jackson. However, Beyoncé is definitely carving out her own place in history. So as opposed to her being the Michael Jackson of our generation, I feel like she's trying to be the Beyoncé of our generation—whatever that may mean. “Michael Jackson of our Generation,” blah, forget that. We're trying to carve out new spots in history. Michael Jackson was trying to be Michael Jackson. I feel like Beyoncé is trying to be Beyoncé, so that at some point in time somebody will put her name up next to Michael Jackson's. I ain't mad at her for that.

From the Web

More on Vibe

John Lamparski

Diddy Settles Sexual Harassment Lawsuit With Former Chef

Diddy has reportedly reached a settlement with his former personal chef in a sexual misconduct lawsuit that was filed in 2017, NBC Los Angeles reports.

The settlement stems from a lawsuit Cindy Rueda filed nearly two years ago. Rueda was reportedly Diddy's personal chef from Apr. 2015 to May 2016. She accused the Bad Boy mogul of sexual harassment and unfair wages. She claimed that she never received additional pay for extra work hours during her time of employment.

Additionally, she alleged that Diddy requested that Rueda serve breakfast to him and a guest in his bedroom. During those incidents, she said she was forced to see "Mr. Combs and his guest indisposed and engaged in sexual activity." Upon entering, she alleged that he would then yell and curse at her.

In Aug. 2017, a Los Angeles Superior Court Judge sent Rueda's case to mediation outside of the court due to the terms of an agreement she previously signed as an employee for Diddy.

The terms or value of the settlement has not been disclosed at this time.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Update: Jussie Smollett Indicted For Filing False Report

Update: 8:00 pm ET (Feb. 20, 2019) - Jussie Smollett has reportedly been indicted by a Cook County Grand Jury for a class 4 felony charge of filing a false police report, according to The Chicago Tribune. If convicted, he faces up to three years in prison.

Original story below...

Jussie Smollett is officially a suspect in the alleged attack that occurred in Chicago earlier this year. Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi  announced the news on Twitter on Wednesday (Feb. 20).

“Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony),” Guglielmi tweeted.

Case Update: Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony). Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury. pic.twitter.com/FhDcbBKsuU

— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 20, 2019

The announcement comes only moments after video surfaced of the two brother purchasing ski masks, gloves, and other supplies in a local store. The Osundairo brothers were allegedly hired by Smollett to act out the attack.

Smollett has adamently denied accusations that he staged the attack. His family, Fox, and many other celebrity friends also released statements defending him.

This story is developing. 

Continue Reading
Dominik Bindi

Video Surfaces Of Osundairo Brothers Buying Supplies For Jussie Smollett Attack

A new video of the Osundairo brothers, the two who alleged Jussie Smollett hired them to stage an attack in Chicago earlier this year, has surfaced online. The video shows Ola and Abel Osundairo purchasing supplies that were allegedly used in the attack.

The video, which was obtained by CBS, shows the two brothers stepping up to the cashier's counter to buy ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses, and red hats that resembled MAGA hats. At one point in the video, Abel pulls his hood over his head, perhaps in an attempt to avoid showing his face on surveillance cameras.

EXCLUSIVE:

I tracked down surveillance of the Osundairo's buying supplies before "attack"

Sources say Jussie Smollet told brothers what to buy.

Countless phone calls placed for this.

Visited more stores than I wish to admit. @cbschicago https://t.co/GT6h2g6Y9a pic.twitter.com/ULr3UTDe9Q

— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 20, 2019

CBS2 reports that the brothers bought the suspected supplies the day before the "attack" on Jussie. While previous videos obtained by the Chicago PD suggest the attackers were wearing ski masks at the time, the new footage does not confirm that Smollett orchestrated the attack.

The Empire actor has reportedly agreed to sit down with the police for another interview. Check out the new video below.

Continue Reading

Top Stories