Primpin' Ain't Easy: Find The Summer Beauty Look That Fits Your Personality
You like makeup, but you don’t take your look to the extreme. You can turn heads when you enter a room without being overly made-up. You aren’t afraid to add a little shimmer or to embrace a peachy glow, but ‘subtlety’ is your middle name.
Celebrity Inspiration: Nia Long
- Apply concealer and foundation to a clean, moisturized face.
- Coat lids in an eyeshadow primer and let dry. Follow this step by covering lids (all the way up to the crease) with a shimmery champagne eyeshadow.
- Using a blending blush, apply a matte baked chocolate eyeshadow in the outer “V” shape of the eye.
- Add eyeliner and two coats of mascara.
- Keep the glam coming with a warm ginger or raisin-colored blush. Take an angled brush and dust the shade on the apples of your cheeks using small circular motions.
- Step into fabulosity by topping this look off with a creamy bubble-gum pink lip gloss.
You’re the girl who inspires others’ makeup look. They always want to know what you used and how you did it! You steal the show on every scene and ooze confident sensuality because you’re not afraid to highlight your beauty assets.
-Cover your lid with a brown or black eye shadow base to the eye and blend it with your fingers. (A cream base will help with the blending process and using a brown base will tone down the look.)
-Use the tip of your finger to blend the color up to your crease. This will help you avoid the raccoon eye look.
-Apply a black eye shadow pencil to the bottom lash line covering about 1/ 3 of the lid.
-You can also use a black cream shadow or pigmented cream eyeliner.
-Use an eye shadow brush to pat the black eye shadow of your choice onto the lid starting from the lash line up to the crease. This is the part where you can have a little fun by using a matte shade or black shimmer on the lid!
-Use a blending brush to smooth the black shadow for a clean finish.
- Add that same black shadow to the tip of your eye shadow brush and blend it into your lower lash line. You can use a smaller brush for a thinner line or if you need more control.
-Finish the look by with a highlight color on the brow bone. Blend it down to the crease. - Flash sassy lashes with two coats of mascara.
-Plump that pout with a matte nude lip color.
From Catwalk to the Sidewalk
You’re the woman who sees a look on the runway and flaunts it at work the next day. You aren’t afraid to step-outside of the box, in fact you color outside of the lines regularly. You don’t just follow the trends, you make them.
Celebrity Inspiration: Nicki Minaj
-Start by applying primer and concealer to a clean face. Don’t apply your foundation yet in case there’s fallout from the bright eye color you will use.
-Next, apply a flesh-toned eyeshadow primer or a cream eyeshadow base close to the same color of the shadow you will use on your lid. This prepping process is the most important step to creating a beautiful, long-lasting bright look. Tip: Using a jumbo white eyeshadow pen is a great way to really make the color pop.
- Pat a highly-pigmented shade (hot pink, turquoise or vivid purple) on the lids, up to the crease.
-Use a coat of black eyeliner on the top and bottom lash lines and top off the eyes with two coats of mascara.
- Since you want your eyes to be the focal point of you look, swipe on a warm, flesh-colored blush to the apples of your cheeks.
-Apply curve-enhancing mascara to lashes.
-Evenly apply foundation all over your face.
-Add definition to lips with a liner and put your best pout forward with a bright neon shade.
- Margaret Francois