Dr. Conrad Murray’s Trial Resumes, New Witnesses Called To The Stand

The trial of Dr. Conrad Murray’s manslaughter case resumes today in L.A. court. Yesterday, Jackson’s friend and former choreographer, “This is It” documentary director Kenny Ortega gave an eye-opening testimony.

“My friend wasn’t right. … There was something going on that was deeply troubling me,” Ortega said of Jackson’s demeanor on June 19, a week before the singer’s death.

Today, key witnesses took the stand: Michael Jackson’s personal assistant Michael Amir Williams, AEG attorney Kathy Jorrie took the stand this morning — describing the contract she drafted between AEG, Dr. Murray, and Michael Jackson., Paul Gongaware  — claiming Dr. Conrad Murray requested an astronomical salary for his services to MJ.

Watch on as live stream coverage of the trial continues

TMZ broke down Ortega’s statements below:

* Ortega — creator and director of “This Is It” — says Michael was “very excited” about the show.
* Ortega said in mid to late June, 2009 Michael missed several rehearsals.
* On Friday June 19th, Ortega noticed Michael “wasn’t right” and that something was going on. Ortega said it “troubled him.” He said Michael seemed lost and was “incoherent.”
* Ortega says he sat with Michael as he watched the rehearsals — rubbing Michael’s feet because the singer was freezing cold. Michael left early that day.
* Ortega says he was so worried about Michael, he sent an email to AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips (below) — saying Michael needed psychological help.

 *Ortega says he was confronted by Murray during a meeting at Michael’s home on June 20th. Murray  told him he was upset Ortega didn’t let him rehearse, berating him for acting like a doctor (video below).
* Ortega says on June 23, barely 4 days after Michael was sick, he came to rehearsals full of energy. Ortega said “it was a different Michael.”
* On June 25th, Ortega got a phone call from AEG Live Co-CEO Paul Gongaware saying an ambulance had taken Michael to the hospital. Paul called later and told Ortega, “we lost him.”
* During cross examination, Ortega told defense attorney Ed Chernoff, Murray was in charge of Michael’s schedule leading up to his death.
* When asked whether he thought Michael was abusing drugs, Ortega said yes.
* Ortega said right before June 19th, Michael “went missing for about a week.”
* Ortega stepped down subject to recall.