Amy Winehouse's Death Caused By Alcohol
After months of speculation it has been revealed that Amy Winehouse's cause of death was caused by drinking too much alcohol. Apparently Amy had not drank alcohol for three weeks and when she drank, the alcohol poisoned her. According to the Guardian, coroner Suzanne Greenway said: "She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre [of blood] and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death."
The original autopsy was inconclusive, but Mitch Winehouse (Amy's father) suggested that alcohol withdrawl is what killed the singer. Although there were no illegal drugs discovered in her system, the amount of alcohol found in Amy's body was enough to stop her breathing and possibly induce a coma, according to officials.
Amy's doctor saw her the night before she passed away.
"The advice I had given to Amy over a long period of time was verbal and in written form about all the effects alcohol can have on the system, including respiratory depression and death, heart problems, fertility problems and liver problems," said Dr. Cristina Romete.
Amy Winehouse was discovered dead last July in her North London home, along with three bottles of vodka nearby. Amy was known for her struggle with alcohol and drugs throughout her career.